atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Headset Steve Nortel headset button programming - 06/16/05 08:37 AM
Hi Everyone.

Many of my customers have asked me how to program a headset button on the Nortel phones. I distribute a direct connect headset that works with the Nortel phones but without a headset button I have to also sell them an adaptor, and I would rather not sell someone something they do not need.

Is the programming procedure the same for the all the phones (7300 series, 3900 series and the phones for SL100?)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Steve
[email protected]
Posted By: HtownDan Re: Nortel headset button programming - 06/16/05 08:58 AM
you only have to program the otion sets, not the norstar. the norstar also just require the rj11 type as the amp is built in the phone. same with option sets
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Nortel headset button programming - 06/16/05 09:04 AM
Steve,

Shoot me an e-mail of your products and price list when you get a chance.
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Nortel headset button programming - 06/16/05 12:26 PM
Welcome to the board Steve!

There isn't a "headset" button on M7xxx (older Norstar phones). But the use of the headset jack on these phones requires that "handsfree" be enabled on the set.

If the end-user already knows how to get to the "Capabilities" section of programming, you can tell them to enable handsfree on a set-by-set basis from there. If they don't know how to get to that section of programming...there is usually a reason for that! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

The safest thing to do is tell them to have, whoever programs their phones, enable handsfree for the set that is getting the headset. That will be their vendor, or a designated person employed by the end-user.

There is just too much damage that can be done to their configuration.
Plus, the proceedure is slightly different in varying versions of software.
And, some sets may be locked...not allowing programming to be done frome them.
Not to mention, the programming will need to be done fom a particular type of set (2-line display) on MOST (not all) Norstars.
Etc., etc., etc... You get the idea. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Shoot me some of that pricing to if you don't mind.

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !
Posted By: Headset Steve Re: Nortel headset button programming - 06/16/05 12:38 PM
Many thanks.
Understand well what you are saying re: end user capabilities. I was in interconnect for many years and then later worked for Samsung in Product Development before i got into the headset biz.

I thought that maybee there was a phone feature code for programming soft buttons, but I think your suggestion is better - have their installing co. do it!!!

Regards Steve
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Nortel headset button programming - 06/16/05 12:48 PM
Yeah...If it was just a feature code, that would be no problem.

Have a great day! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help