atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: blooney MICS station module problems - 07/30/05 07:59 PM
We have been installing a PRI recently on a Norstar MICS, and all went better than expected, thanks to some of your help.But now we have a now another problem. A fiber station module we have had a port go dead on it just the other day. it only had 10 phones on it, and the 10th one went dead. We checked the wring and traded the phone, but it still was dead. So we copied the phone settings to the next extension, but we couldn' get a phone to work on it either. We didn't have time to check the rest, but it seems odd that those 2 ports won't work. The first nine
are working fine. Any suggestions
Posted By: Phone_girl_NE Re: MICS station module problems - 07/30/05 08:11 PM
This may sound really stupid, but check the amp cable into the cabinet. Make sure it is fully seated and straped down. Sometimes I will plug a spare cord in just to rule it out.
Like I said, I am reaching but hope it helps.
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Steph
Posted By: Z-man Re: MICS station module problems - 07/31/05 06:55 PM
I think Steph is right on for this. Check the AMP. cable. Sounds like it came loose.
Posted By: blooney Re: MICS station module problems - 08/01/05 07:10 PM
You were right. Actually, I had screwed down the top of the amphenol to tight to the station module, which caused it to pull the bottom out. I loosened the screw, and reset the cable, then velcro'd it snug, and the extensions work great. Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by blooney (edited August 01, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help