atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: simon_hed 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 08:22 AM
I'm a noob, so please be gentle. I am getting the exact same thing as shown in this thread: https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum8/HTML/000576.html

Power went out for a bit, now we can't dial out when we hit 9. I am a network guy, this is our company system. I checked the 9 key as suggested in the referenced thread, and the 9 doesn't respond.

I don't know much about this system, any help would be most appreciated.

btw, I have a local guy coming sometime later today, but was hoping this might be an easy fix. I fear it has lost it's programming.

Thanks!
Posted By: roldan Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 08:43 AM
What version of software do you have?
What kind of lines do you have?
Are your incomming calls comming in?
Posted By: simon_hed Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 08:47 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by roldan:
What version of software do you have?
What kind of lines do you have?
Are your incomming calls comming in?
</font>

No idea. How could I determine that?
PRI? Not 100% sure.
Yes. Incoming, ACD, VM all working good.

btw, I am the network as in computer guy. Thanks for the response.
Posted By: roldan Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 08:59 AM
Then it sounds like you just lost the programming for the "Routing" of your outgoing calls. This is a known issue with a Rev.1 NVRAM Cartridge. If you look at the phone system it is the cartridge that holds the software, you should see a Nortel sicker on it and somewhere on the sticker you'll either see Rev. 1 or Rev. 2. If it's a Rev. 1 you should replace it, my bet is that it is a Rev.1. It should be a quick program fix for the Tech.

[This message has been edited by roldan (edited August 01, 2005).]
Posted By: Toner Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 08:59 AM
Sounds like you've lost programming. "Denied in Admin" means the phone has not been given access to the applicable outgoing line pool.

Hopefully your vendor arrives shortly! You should still be able to dial out from any phone that has Line Appearance keys.
Posted By: simon_hed Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 09:05 AM
I really appreciate all the replies.

It appears I have Rel 01, dated 1999/2/11.
Posted By: roldan Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 09:09 AM
By the way, you can get the software version off of the software card, there is a Nortel sticker on it as well that would say something like Dr 4.1 or 4.1 XC. If you know how to navigate through programming you can see it there also, it would be under Maintenance/SP Version.
Posted By: simon_hed Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 09:12 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by roldan:
By the way, you can get the software version off of the software card, there is a Nortel sticker on it as well that would say something like Dr 4.1 or 4.1 XC. If you know how to navigate through programming you can see it there also, it would be under Maintenance/SP Version.</font>

Is that in the same box where the nvram cart. is?
Posted By: roldan Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 09:13 AM
Yes, it is the card that is in the NVRAM.
Posted By: simon_hed Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 09:15 AM
DR 4.1
Posted By: roldan Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 09:20 AM
Yeah it seems as though the issue is going to be the NVRAM, you may want to get the Technician's advice when he comes in. I have seen this before and that's what the problem was, especially because of the fact that you only lost the ability to call out. I hope the tech will be there soon, for your business' sake. Where are you located?
Posted By: simon_hed Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 09:33 AM
SE Alabama, I live in NW Florida.

We are limping by right now, incoming is fine, using cells for outgoing.

My guy still hasn't shown up, and I am beginning to wonder....
Posted By: Sydeshow MO Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 10:12 AM
I also suggest replaceing the cartridge. If not now later is better then never. The next time you lose power this will happen again. Im gonna assume you have a PRI. As far as I know this problem only happened to PRI? Correct me if im wrong.

A customer had this problem, but on a partial PRI. When power went out, the trunks programmed to be busy/disabled defaulted to enabled. This caused the 9 to p/up a trunk that should have been busied out.

Let us know how it goes and good luck!
Posted By: simon_hed Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/01/05 12:08 PM
He showed up and corrected the programming. Long story, but didn't get a chance to ask him about replacing that card. What should be involved in that? How much should it cost me?

Thanks for all the guidance in this situation, this is a great board.
Something else to think about, a UPS.
Keeps the system up plus adds great surge protection.

Steph
Posted By: Sydeshow MO Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/02/05 09:49 AM
You can get the cartridge for dirt cheap. What you will have to do is re-program the system from scratch. The cartridge has a battery that holds the memory. It is also easy enough to backup and restore with minimal downtime.
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: 'denied in admin' on Norstar/Nortel - 08/03/05 05:15 PM
this happened to me as well this weekend.

Destination code 9 came up as pointing to line pool A.

I simply pointed it back to PRI A.

Any other issues with this nvram I should be aware of?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help