atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JWRacedog E & M questions - 12/13/05 07:05 AM
Customer has a Norstar Plus 2.0. We have 4 ports on a router that have been designated as "the analog ports" by the computer guy. This router is accepting a T-1 and it is broken out into the computer link to another city and also our 4 ports for E & M. I have put ports 081, 082 & 089 & 090 on a 7324 in the equipment room. When I press the keys of 089 & 090-- I get dial tone and can dial out a 3-digit extension and get connected to the other Nortel---but I get nothing when I try to access 081 & 082. All ports are programmed the same.

We're headed there this morning--hope we can figure this out. I'll check back later for any ideas. Thankds

When the far end system calls in, they come in on either 089 or 090---but do not ring the extension that they dialed. Somewhere, I've got some programming problems---but if someone can give me some Tips---I'd be much appreciative.
Posted By: samh Re: E & M questions - 12/13/05 09:11 AM
The EM card has only 2 lines for EM (tie lines) the other 2 ports are DTMF ports.
So that’s why you only have two line (089-090) working. In order to ring the extension you will have to program a target line with received number matching the extension number and assigning each target line to its extension as either ring only or appear and ring. I hope that helps.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: E & M questions - 12/14/05 07:02 AM
Thanks for reply. I had a Trunk Module with 3 cards in it (Slot 1 is a loop-start DS card---Slot 2 is a E&M and Slot 3 is an E&M) We had a tech in the far away location--then we troubleshooted step by step. We finally got it pin-pointed to the 2nd slot of the module--I replaced the module--but still nothing on that 2nd slot. I got into programming and started going through the menu and finally found the problem. Someone had disabled Slot 2 in the Maint. section. Once I enabled that, the other 2 E&M circuits came right up.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: E & M questions - 12/14/05 07:07 AM
I am in the office this morning and will be doing some programming on that switch--specifically the target lines and also an access code to access the 4 circuits. I think I have everything programmed---but the far end can't seem to reach a particular extension here--but rather it seems to ring on all phones. I've programmed tons of DIDs on other Nortels--so I think I'm doing it right--but so far--no go. I'll be checking the manual this A.M.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help