atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: enet Norstar Phantom DN - 01/10/06 11:02 AM
Hi,

Has anyone created a Phantom DN and assigned a target line to it then have another physical extension have an Answer Key for that extension?

I hear that you can punch down a phone at an available extension, program, then remove the phone to create but that the programming will not hold.

Anyone have tried?

E
Posted By: telemarv Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 01/10/06 12:33 PM
it works
Posted By: MadProfessor Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 01/20/06 12:03 PM
I've done it too.
Posted By: Bob3470 Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 01/20/06 02:27 PM
yes
Posted By: enet Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 01/20/06 02:35 PM
Di I need an available station port with MICS or 0x16 or a port that is not equipped will do?
Posted By: enet Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 01/27/06 05:47 AM
Why doesnt the phantom DN CFNA or CFB?
Set as appr, appr & ring.
Posted By: Toner Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 01/27/06 06:16 AM
Norstars won't forward unless there is a phone connected to the port in question. The only way around it that I know of is to use ATA's or connect a cheap phone like a 7100.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 01/27/06 11:33 AM
you could use hunt groups if your software allows them
Posted By: MadProfessor Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 01/31/06 03:45 PM
You have to make sure to set AnsKey to Extended. Then you don't need a set hanging on the port.
Norstar Hunt Groups don't work very well, it is better to avoid them.
Is it fixed yet?
Posted By: enet Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 01/31/06 04:00 PM
Hi, thanks for answering.

I have it set to Extended but still find that my wish to have Norstar CFNA or CFB isnt being granted to a hunt group.
Do you think it would matter if it is Fwd to anything except a hunt group?
Not working yet, almost there.
Posted By: enet Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/14/06 08:48 PM
OK,lots of fun integrating..
Now, with an ATA or ASM, when this extension is forwarded (cfna, cfb, cf-hard-) will the extension number be known by the called set?
Norstar wants a physical phone to forward.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/15/06 12:36 PM
Originally posted by MadProfessor:

Norstar Hunt Groups don't work very well, it is better to avoid them.
Is it fixed yet?
Not sure where you get this idea. HG work very well... if know how to set them up.
Posted By: JJ Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/15/06 05:16 PM
How to create virtual DN:
Well, you can go plug a phone into a jack and temporarily punch it down on the pair appropriate for the virtual extension i.e.. 300. Then assign the target line for that person's personal DID to the phone. Then do a line redirect (Feature 84), press the target line button, then press the IC button, then your destination code to get out (9), then the number you want to forward the calls to (cell phone or other outside number).
You can then remove the phone and the cross-connects and proceed with the next number.
Now, I haven't had good luck with hard call forwarding a phone to a mailbox and then removing the phone. It eventually says "not in service". The way I have gotten around that is to assign the target line to a hunt group (707) then make the first port of the voicemail (feature 985) the only member of the hunt group. Then create mailbox 707 and assign it to extension 707. So that the target line rings the group, which rings the voicemail. The voicemail sees the mailbox attached to the group and plays the personal greeting.
But the only draw back would be that it is an either or situation. Either the person has their calls automatically forwarded outside the system or they have the call go straight to their mailbox.
Now if you choose the second scenario and have a NAM voicemail you could do an Outbound transfer from the mailbox. The person would record their personal greeting saying, "Hi this is Melissa, leave me a message after the tone or press 7 to be transferred to my cell phone."

or,

If you can dedicate a phone (an old one, beat to death works here too), hang it in the phone room and assign answer keys of your phantom DNs to this phone. The number of answer keys your system can assign is based on its software release and version. Then program the phantoms like real phones. Because the phones now have an appearance in the system they will work steadily. We haven't tested external call forward but have tested all other routing to Voice Mail.
Or,
THIS WILL WORK BUT THE INCOMING DIGITS MUST MATCH THE MAILBOX DIGITS, ANOTHER WORDS IF YOU HAVE 4 DIGITS INCOMING YOUR MAILBOX HAS TO BE 4 DIGITS.
Line Programming:
1. Build a Target line, example: 145
2. Enter customer received digits, example: 4598
3. Prime Set: None
Hunt Group Programming:
4. Select a Hunt Group number (1-30)
5. Accept the default Hunt Group Extension that is associated with the Hunt Group
number or make a new one.
6. Add a Member DN to be that of the NAM Voicemail DN.
7. Under Line Assignment, assign the Target Line to the Hunt Group.
8. Shorten the Time Out Que to be the lowest, 15 seconds (default = 60)
9. Make the Overflow extension to be the NAM Voicemail DN.
Mailbox Programming:
10. ADD a guest mailbox
11. Make the Extension of the mailbox to be the Hunt Group Extension.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: telemarv Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/16/06 05:39 AM
Which voice mail are you using? You can use express messaging in the call pilot to answer a target line with a mailbox
Posted By: enet Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/16/06 07:07 AM
I have a NAM.
Ever forwarded an ATA internally and seen the extension number show up on a set?
I can test next week when I get an ATA.
Posted By: twisted pair Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/16/06 08:07 AM
Yes, the system assigns a DN/Ext# to an ATA. It acts like a normal station set.
Posted By: Nickels Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/16/06 08:10 AM
Marv, you are talking about using one of the 4 CCR trees, correct? Why in the heck would nortel only allow 4 trees, brutal. If it is a small company that is ok, the place I have done this at uses 3 trees and I am burning the last tree on a redirect. Where do you want to redirect the call to? An external number or just a mbox?
Posted By: twisted pair Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/16/06 08:17 AM
8 CCR trees on Call Pilot.
Posted By: Nickels Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/16/06 08:33 AM
Sorry, I meant 8 trees with only 4 tables. So correct me if I am wrong, but you must assign a CCR tree to a table, but with only 4 tables that reduces your ability to use the 8 trees.
Posted By: twisted pair Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/16/06 08:52 AM
Yes, only 4 tables, but hey, at least now they made it so that the 8 trees are assigned by time of day rather than by table like the old units. This gives you the ability to have a different tree for after hours and/or weekends. I have a company that is using all 4 tables and all 8 trees. 2 trees are being used by each table for day/night options.

I don't think this is what Marv meant though. He has another idea. We'll have to wait for him to come back on here and tell us. I'm curious too. Unfortunatly, this won't help "enet", he has a NAM, but I still want to know Marv's idea for CP.
Posted By: bcousins Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/16/06 09:29 AM
What Marv is talking about is the msg line in the mailbox on call pilot. When you set up your Target line, you assign the call pilot dn as the prime line. Then set up the mailbox for the target line without an extension (like a guest mailbox) and under the parameter msg line put in the target line number. The voice mail will answer the call with the greeting on that mailbox and you don't have to have the line assigned to a physical set.

Barb
Posted By: telemarv Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/16/06 10:41 AM
Barb's got it. Express messaging can answer a target line or any line for that matter, with a specific mailbox without ringing a set or requiring a phone. Nothing to do with CCR or tables.

This isn't available on the NAM.

I have done what enet has asked for but never with a target line involved.

How i did it...
I've used a valid DN, digital not analog,(no phone attached), put an answer DN of that ext on another phone. Any time the "phantom DN" is called the answer DN would ring even when no phone is connected.

enet are you assigning the target as appear and ring? have you tried ring only which rings an intercom not a line button?

As I said earlier this can also be done with a hunt group.
Posted By: Nickels Re: Norstar Phantom DN - 02/16/06 04:00 PM
I assume this would work on a BCM 400. I have a client that has 4 phones in there phone room just for guest mboxs. That is pretty cool.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help