atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rustynails Full-Auto hold? - 05/03/06 10:29 PM
I have this set to "N", however if you are on a call and press another line key, it automatically puts the previous call on hold, rather than disconnecting.

7.0 cics, CLID 4x0 - Suprvsn set to Y
Line appearance on all 3 lines.

~nails
Posted By: JimmyT Re: Full-Auto hold? - 05/04/06 06:34 AM
That's the way it works without Full Auto Hold
With Full Auto Hold all you have to do is get dial tone on a line and if you go to another line it puts the first line on hold.
Posted By: twisted pair Re: Full-Auto hold? - 05/04/06 07:50 AM
Yep, that's the way it works. Full Auto Hold off just prevents the user from "busying out" a line.
Posted By: rustynails Re: Full-Auto hold? - 05/04/06 10:48 AM
Originally posted by JimmyT:
That's the way it works without Full Auto Hold
With Full Auto Hold all you have to do is get dial tone on a line and if you go to another line it puts the first line on hold.
That precisely my point. I don’t want that, that’s why I have it turned off. So why is keeping the line on hold?

~r
Posted By: twisted pair Re: Full-Auto hold? - 05/04/06 11:00 AM
I don't think you understand what Jimmy is saying. Full Auto Hold on means you can hold an inactive line. With it off, it only auto holds when the line is active. You want that feature, otherwise you could lose a caller accidentally.
Posted By: JimmyT Re: Full-Auto hold? - 05/04/06 11:23 AM
Thanks twisted, rustynalis your not alone in your dislike for this feature but that's just the way Nortel made it.
Posted By: rustynails Re: Full-Auto hold? - 05/04/06 02:54 PM
Okay thanks for the clarification.

Has this change from older releases. Seems to me there was more options for this?

~nails
Posted By: telemarv Re: Full-Auto hold? - 05/05/06 07:36 AM
From the maual...

"Full AutoHold on idle line is a variation of the Automatic Hold feature. If
you select an idle line, but do not dial any digits, that line is automatically
placed on hold if you then select another line."

And

Tip - The default setting should be changed only if FullAutoHold is required for a specific application. For instance, if you define system-wide access keys (SWCA)for telephones, Full AutoHold must be active on those telephones for the feature to act correctly.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help