atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: paul1943 Norstar CICS dead with flashing green light - 06/12/06 07:36 PM
Hello! I am new to this forum and new to the newer Nortel equipment. I have a new customer who has a CICS that went dead during a storm. All sets were dead and CSU had a flashing green light. I restored service with an old 6/16 that I had on the shelf. I was wondering if the CSU is repairable, or if the flashing light has some maintenance meaning. I was told by a supplier that they are not repairable, but I've heard that from suppliers before.... I would appreciate any info from you Nortel experts. Thanks!
Hi Paul, welcome to the board!

The CICS doesn't have a lot of field servicable parts, but it is "repairable" by Nortel. There will be a charge of course. Before sending it in, I would try a different software cartridge. Also, yank the line cards to be sure they aren't causing a problem.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the response, Marty. I did yank the line card and that had no effect with the flashing light. Of course, not working on newer Nortel CSU's, I don't have a spare software cartridge. It's very difficult to find much info on Nortel equipment. Can't find a drawing of the circuit board anywhere to try to determine the significance of the green led. I may have to turn to Nortel.
I appreciate your time,
Paul
Okay i had this same problem.

Swapped out power supply - NG
Swapped out s/w - NG
Swapped out cabinet - NG
Swapped out cabinet with S/W - all is good.

Basically replaced the entire unit. But with refurb pricing so low. what the heck.
Originally posted by rustynails:
But with refurb pricing so low. what the heck.
Good point rustynails. The CICS cabinet is pretty inexpensive (even new). A refurb would probably cost less than the repair. And, you wouldn't have as long of a wait.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help