atcomsystems.ca/forum
I just upgraded a client from 4.x to 7.0 on an MICS. Got rid of the analog cards and installed a T-1 with PRI. Everything works well with one exception...Pick-up, Directed Pick-up and/or Answer DN WILL NOT WORK!

I checked/tried everything to no avail. Client wants receptionist to be able to answer her phone from selected phones throughout the office (kitchen, copy room, etc.) without having to make a dash for the reception phone.

All phones are in the same pick-up group (1). I changed settings on the AnsKey (Basic,Enhanced,Extended) too. When I program an Answer DN key, instead of answering the reception phone, it CALLS the reception phone!!!

The only ringing lines are L-160 (appear & ring) on the reception phone and individual DID's (ring only) on most of the other office phones. L-160 does not appear or ring anywhere else except reception phone.

???

D. Ocean
Miami, FLA
You'll have to elaborate...

What does the screen say when you attempt a pick-up? If lines are private you won't be able to pick them up. You'll get "denied in admin"

Answer DN's are programmed in terminals and sets not by Feature *2 on the phone.
If I remember correctly, the screen says "pick-up denied" or something to that effect. I believe the lines are set to "private". I'll try adjusting and see what happens. However, that shouldn't affect the Answer DN feature.

Of course I programmed the Answer DN under terminals & sets. And, when I try to use it, it calls the reception phone. Feat * 0 on the button indicates "Answer 160".
Danny, you have asked that question before and it was answered in this thread:
https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/8/t/001621.html
Go catch TP

clap
If you upgraded to 7 from 4 without the intermediate software step, you are scorched. Start all over using 7 with a defaulted KSU.

Hey TP the French soccer team wants you to come over and give them a few pointers.
Originally posted by twisted pair:
Danny, you have asked that question before and it was answered in this thread:
https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/8/t/001621.html
:rolleyes: That was a long time ago....and the problem was not resolved/answered until this thread (see TeleMarv's response above)

I inadvertantly programmed the main # as "private to 160". AnsDN & pick-up won't work on pvt lines...
Originally posted by Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie:
If you upgraded to 7 from 4 without the intermediate software step, you are scorched. Start all over using 7 with a defaulted KSU.
:confused: What does this have to do with my question? :confused:

If I didn't use the upgrade tool/software, I would have bigger problems then just an AnswerDN not working, no?
1. You could ask questions for weeks.

2. Sooner or later you would default it and start over with 7.

3. Sorry for the truth being so painful, but it is the truth.

4. Trust the Bunnie. When I am positive, I am positive. I am positive.

Well I am positive I am HIV negative but when I give blood I am B positive. Am I confused?
Huh?

I used the upgrade tool.
Never mind. You didn't say that in your first post and I suspected that was the problem.

I'll go bake some cookies now and stop trying to fix things that are not broken.
Hi All

I have a Mics 7.1 with one Pri with a Nam 4.1 on Full auto attendant. I am trying to setup a ANS DN
on a secondary reception set. The secondary set will not ring even though I can see the button programmed ( ans 221)on the secondary set

Even calling internally doesn't ring the secondary set

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Rob
Sounds like the ringer is defective on the 2nd phone. Either that or you haven't set the programming to "Enhamced". Check programming + change sets and see.
The last post in this thread is over 2 years old, please start a new on.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help