atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BLK01S4 Voicemail Wooz :( - 07/15/06 12:24 PM
Ok , I have 4 BCMs all located in different states connected VIA SL-1/H.323. ABC have their main number forwarded by the phone company to BCM D. There is an operator at BCM D that routes all calls to their proper 4 digit EXT. My question is she can't and I can't use the feature 'transfer to mailbox' across DNs but can transfer to mailbox to her local BCM. There is two ways I can think of getting around this ... 1. Setup all users Voicemail on one BCM. 2. Set a DID to the Callpilot to transfer the call to voicemail ; I want to avoid both of those setups. What is the typical procedure for setting up VMs at multiple sites? I have the following keycodes on Each BCM 200; IP Clients ; SL-1 ; 8 voip Gateway ; 16 Callpilot Voicemail.

2nd question .. can someone confirm for me that MCDN QSIG is SL-1 ?? Or is MCDN QSIG IP CLIENTS

Linking post:
Click
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Voicemail Wooz :( - 07/15/06 09:55 PM
Hi and welcome to the board BLKO1S4 welcome

I think the only solution is a centralized voicemail on the one BCM (BCM D).

Here's why. When the operator at location D does a feature 986 (Voicemail X-Fer) it can only send the call to the Callpilot that is connected to that operator's switch (the BCM D). Now if BCM D transfers a call to one of the remotes (ABC) it should follow the Call Forwarding of the set that is being called. In order for it to work like it is now, the operator would need to transfer the call to the extension and let CFWD busy or no answer route the call appropriately to the voicemail box.

Hopefully someone else with more BCM experience than me (perhaps the BCM guy) will chime in and provide more info and help answer your questions. I am a novice at best with the BCM. laugh

Goodluck :thumb:
Posted By: BLK01S4 Re: Voicemail Wooz :( - 07/16/06 02:07 PM
Hey Thanks! .. Well I am a novice too, the company that sold me this BCM is a bunch of morons to say the least. I set this up ALL on my own VM, Trunks, 4 Digit dialing and now Centralized VM .. What a learning experience!

Ok I got that part working for CVM I setup one machine as host others as satellites. when I place a test call to a satellite DN I get forwarded to the VM at the host system now .. GREAT .. Which now brings on a entire slew of new questions.

A. How are the users on the Satellite system going to check their VM. If they press the shortcut key 'Login to Voicemail' their Voicemail is still pointing to the wrong BCM its not opening the VM at the host. I have tried to configure 'Voicemail Call Center' but this doesn't seem to do anything.

B. How are users on the Satellite systems going to take a live caller and forward to Voicemail. I don't think this function will work over the trunk, which is the entire reason why the Centralized VM had to be at BCM D where the receptionest is so she can use that function. I feel like I have moved a problem .. Fixed one caused another .. hmm
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Voicemail Wooz :( - 07/17/06 09:23 AM
I wish I could be of more help, but I am not advanced enough with the BCM to offer you a solution.

Goodluck, you got this far, you will get it resolved I am sure. :toast:
Posted By: telemarv Re: Voicemail Wooz :( - 07/17/06 12:05 PM
I'm not greatly familiar with your type of BCM set up, but if its like MICS with centralized voice mail, you must link the sites via PTP PRI's for the F codes to work across the network. VoIP gateway will not pass F codes.
Posted By: macdouglas Re: Voicemail Wooz :( - 07/19/06 08:03 AM
Rich and Marv are right

with centralized VM feature codes like F987 and F981 won't work over voip trunks, they only work on the local BCM

for users at the satellite loc's to access VM they must dial the CVM's DN. you said that you had 4-digit DN dialing between sites so the easiest thing to do is program a button on the sets at ABC to autodial the VM DN at BCM-D. then they enter their mbox and password and the rest is the same as accessing through F981

CVM is great if for instance you've already purchased keycodes for 48 mboxes at one location and move people to another loc. it keeps you from having to buy new vm seats. other than that it can be a pain. I'm having a problem right now where we have people who can't understand their messages because when the call gets sent to the CVM BCM over voip trunks, they get a lot of jitter. that's a problem with the trunks, but we may need to ultimately set up local boxes for these people.
Posted By: BLK01S4 Re: Voicemail Wooz :( - 07/19/06 04:04 PM
Originally posted by macdouglas:
Rich and Marv are right

with centralized VM feature codes like F987 and F981 won't work over voip trunks, they only work on the local BCM

for users at the satellite loc's to access VM they must dial the CVM's DN. you said that you had 4-digit DN dialing between sites so the easiest thing to do is program a button on the sets at ABC to autodial the VM DN at BCM-D. then they enter their mbox and password and the rest is the same as accessing through F981

CVM is great if for instance you've already purchased keycodes for 48 mboxes at one location and move people to another loc. it keeps you from having to buy new vm seats. other than that it can be a pain. I'm having a problem right now where we have people who can't understand their messages because when the call gets sent to the CVM BCM over voip trunks, they get a lot of jitter. that's a problem with the trunks, but we may need to ultimately set up local boxes for these people.
Ah well I am doing that now works great. What type of network are you using I dont get any Jitter problems A+ sound quality. :confused: Also one thing I can't figure out is how to setup msg notify on the Satellite end of the phone. I tried to enable VMSG Y but they still don't get the RED light when a Vmail is waiting to be heard... Any ideas?
Posted By: macdouglas Re: Voicemail Wooz :( - 07/20/06 06:48 AM
voip over internet (not a dedicated pipe), NT doesn't support it so i'm screwed.

for MWI to work across trunks, "VM set" and "Caller ID set" must be checked on each target line for each set.

most of the "satellite" configs I've done have been a centralized 400 w/ remote 50's.

I got more detailed on your other post about same question
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help