atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: topher Door Phone & Related - 07/16/06 12:22 AM
Hey techs!

I have a nice job coming up and doing a proposal. They need four doorphone type phones for a norstar phone system, weatherproof, and vandal resistant. I want to be able to use them easily with the norstar system, so any pointers lemme know smile

I am worried about the norstar doorphones breaking, especially where the plastic is on the call-button.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Door Phone & Related - 07/16/06 06:04 AM
Never had issues with NT doorphones and always had to install security screws. Look to Viking products as an alternative and add an ASM to your proposal.
Posted By: topher Re: Door Phone & Related - 07/16/06 07:38 AM
Thanks jwooten. Will take a look at Viking.

I'm sure that NT door modules are pretty good, but I want to make sure the modules I put in (if proposal accepted) don't get damaged as easy. They'd be exposed to all weather conditions, fuel, cleaners, etc.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: Door Phone & Related - 07/16/06 08:39 AM
Viking! The best (when Nortel won't do).
The Vikings will come in on a co port, make sure you have enough ports. For what you are doing I would suggest the doorboxes that have the weatherproofing plastic around all the components. More expensive but more practical.

If you are worried about theft, pun an additional bar across the unit with tamperproof screws (as in security bars).
Posted By: topher Re: Door Phone & Related - 07/18/06 11:37 AM
Good idea bunny. Thanks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help