atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jordan Get logs of all calls made - 07/17/06 07:01 PM
On a Meridian with 6.1 software, is there a way to get a list of all calls in and out made in the past week and what extension they came to or from or if they came from the Voice mail?
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Get logs of all calls made - 07/17/06 08:05 PM
Yes, with SMDR you could have that ability. smile
Posted By: Jordan Re: Get logs of all calls made - 07/18/06 04:01 AM
Is this an additional module or is this something that is part of the basic system? I do not recognize the term.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Get logs of all calls made - 07/18/06 05:03 AM
SMDR is station message-detail recording. It is an external unit.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Get logs of all calls made - 07/18/06 03:49 PM
SMDR unit does not store the info it merely spits it out. you will need a collection device (printer or PC) to capture the data.
SMDR and SMDA

Station Message Detail Recording and Station Message Detail Accounting.

An SMDR module would spit out the data of what extension called what number at what time and ended at what time and on what line and if there was an accounting code entered, etc. This is just a line of data on a serial printer.

For SMDA, what you are looking for, you take the data to a computer, not to a printer. The call accounting package receives the data and stores it. You call up reports by the hour, day, week, month, etc. You call them up by calls over a minute, two minutes, etc. calls to certain area codes, calls by extension, calls by line, etc.

You could ask for a report of all calls made by extension 245 from June 3rd to June 18th and have it spit out just those calls.

Various companies sell call accounting software, some of them very comprehensive and some very simple and cheap.
Posted By: Jordan Re: Get logs of all calls made - 07/19/06 07:22 AM
Who are the cheap ones that can log to a computer. Preferably a computer that does not have to be dedicated to just logging.
Having put in a number of call accounting systems, I would totally not believe anyone who says their system works in the background. Foooey.

The smart thing to do is use an old pc that has been replaced with a newer one.

The people I've used in the past have me pretty well PO's at them right now for the way they treated one of my customers, so I will neither recommend them nor name them in public, but they are in New Jersey. Some salesmen are such schmucky jerks that they spoil the relationship with the company.

I would recommend you repost this asking for recommendations on call accounting software for the Norstar and people will pick up on the new post with their suggestions.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help