atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BLK01S4 Display Waiting msg?? - 07/19/06 04:13 PM
Hey guys wondering if you can help me out again .. I have 4 BCM 200s using CVM Callpilot. One bcm has all the mailboxes (Host) the others are just remote systems (Satallites) When there is a msg waiting in the mailbox for the person the remote end isn't getting a RED light indicating there is a msg waiting. Now I have enabled VMSG to Y and still nothing. How does the Remote system contact the host system to check for VMs? mad
Posted By: telemarv Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 07/20/06 05:04 AM
The answer is the same as before. You can't send msg waiting over voip gateway. You need PTP PRI and the PRI keycode.
Posted By: macdouglas Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 07/20/06 07:50 AM
actually you can, I found it by accident

VMsg set and Caller ID have to be checked for each line appearance (and target line)on each set

we're beta testing BCM 4.0 (which uses element manager like a 50)so I have forgotten the exact route to these options but I think you go:
DN>line access>line assignment>(Line XXX)>and there should be settings for CLID and VMSG set, check or set to yes

Make sure any target lines are Private, assigned to Appear or ring or both on the sets they target. (some techs like to set target lines to public and direct them to prime,Prime being the set) it's one of those great Nortel features that you find out how to use after getting bumped to second level tech support.
Posted By: BLK01S4 Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/03/06 12:28 PM
Macdouglas thanks for the suggestion however it didn't work. Currently under General Settings - Network Services - MCDN I have TAT set to YES the rest set to NO .. Would any of this have anything to do with it?
Posted By: Matt Culver Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/22/06 10:58 PM
Navigate to "Button Programming" and add a button called "Make MWI Work." It should be Feature 8901. ;o)
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/23/06 04:49 AM
MCDN definately works over IP. There are several things that could potentialy break the feature. Is everything else working, MCDN wise?
Posted By: Matt Culver Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/23/06 04:53 AM
Here's the issue: As documented by Nortel, the BCMs do not support QSIG functionality over an IP trunk (with the CallPilot version that is on the BCMs). The only way that Nortel can tell us to fix it is to purchase an Option 11 and configure the call center options. The other option, which we are eval'ing is Message Networking under the CallPilot (VPIM & AMIS). Network Mailboxes might be the only way to go.
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/23/06 04:56 AM
Why QSIG? Are you networking with another vendor's equipment? If its all Nortel, use MCDN. It works for sure.
Posted By: Matt Culver Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/23/06 05:09 AM
BCMguy - Check out page 171 of the following under the heading Message Waiting Indicator: https://www.brooksideus.com/reference/docs/bcm/bcm_handbook.pdf

The only thing that I can imagine is that the CallPilot version that runs on the BCM doesn't support the signaling for remote MWI.
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/23/06 05:26 AM
Thanks Matt! All of the systems that I was thinking of have CS1000s at the main site.

The Network Mailboxes are a possible solution I suppose, but kind of an ugly one. That's a bummer!
Posted By: Matt Culver Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/23/06 05:36 AM
BCMguy - Any options to the rather expensive Option 11's? Are there server based software apps that can be configured to host VM and support MCDN? I guess you can purchase an Option 11C for about $3,500, which may be worthwhile depending on how many users you're adding at remote sites (Network Mailboxes require host and remote mailbox licenses), but other unique solutions may fit better if the price is right.
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/23/06 12:22 PM
Matt,

I'm going to put a little bench time into this, and try to MAKE it work (without an Option 11), even though its not supposed to.

I'll let you know if I figure something out.

How many remote sites are in your application?
And, how many phones each?
Posted By: Matt Culver Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/23/06 02:29 PM
Well, the central office where we want to host the VM has bout 20-25 users. Miami has about 15, Philly has about 15 and St. Louis has about 15 (very approximate). All sites have BCM 200s running 3.7. All have MCDN, IP trunking, CallPilot and voicemail licenses for each office at the remotes, and enough licenses for the whole company in the central office. So, 4 sites total, with about 60-70 people total. Thanks in advance for the effort!!!!
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/23/06 09:27 PM
I've got it working on the bench right now Matt. Everything works just like you would think it should.

At the Main site I have the remote users built with regular Subscriber mailboxes. No Network mailboxes are configured, no AMIS or Digital Networking either.

It pretty much just works, once the MCDN network and CDP dialplan are configured.

I have it built out with BCM 50s. But, going back through the configuration, all of the necessary options are available in 3.7 too. So, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

:thumb:
Posted By: BLK01S4 Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/25/06 07:31 AM
BCM Guy please do tell .. Me and Matt have been working on this for awhile and when a VM is left at the host site the light does not come on at the satellite site .. What are we doing wrong? There must be some out of the box thinking you are doing in order to get it to work. By following standard proceders from Nortel it doesn't and it says it won't work in their PDF.
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/25/06 09:00 AM
Dial-plan is key!!!

Shoot me a PM with a rough layout of your dial-plan, and what your routing looks like.

Also, let me know if you have remote gateways configured or are using a gatekeeper.

Don't put too much time into it, just what a user at one site dials to ring a phone at another, then how that call actually routes (destination codes and such) to the far end.
Posted By: BLK01S4 Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/28/06 01:05 PM
YGPM!
Posted By: BLK01S4 Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/28/06 01:06 PM
Ah no Gatekeeper BTW sorry.
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/28/06 07:01 PM
Well guys, your dial-plan looks good. Its configured just like mine.

Of the parameters that you sent me, I only have two options configured differently. First, my gateway protocol is set to CSE. I changed it to SL1 and everything still worked. Second, I have the the MCDN feature TRO set to YES. Setting this to NO does impact the integration. My lights still worked but, TRO should be on anyway.

I've pretty much spent the evening trying to break the MWI in my setup, and it just keeps working. I'll shoot you a list of other parameters we didn't discuss that you will want to check.
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/28/06 08:05 PM
PM sent smile
Posted By: Matt Culver Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/31/06 05:03 PM
Marty,
Thanks again for the help on the phone. Sorry to put you on the spot like that. I have a question for you, as I'm trying to narrow down what our issue may be: Are your test BCMs on the same physical network switch, connected with a crossover cable, or otherwise very close? My theory is this: we have users that dial into their voicemail and begin pushing keys right away and it locks their mailbox. Why? Because there's network latency and it takes some time to actually establish the IP trunk to the other box, so some of their dialed numbers are not being transmitted to the other BCM. I'm wondering if, when the CallPilot is sending the MWI on/off string, the CallPilot isn't just sending as soon as it starts opening the route to the remote BCM, instead of waiting for the trunk to be open. I've created a new route (030) with Line Pool access to the VoIP lines, and I've added "F78F78" to the external number (even though the docs say not to use external numbers with VoIP line pools). I'm going to have Mike test it tomorrow, but I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this or maybe a better way to add a pause after it begins to initiate the trunk. Thanks in advance,
Matt
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Display Waiting msg?? - 08/31/06 06:00 PM
PM Sent smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help