atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: macdouglas CLID on CICS 2.0 - 07/20/06 08:13 AM
I'm about to go to site where I've installed a CICS that has ver.2.0 software (yeah, I know)
1 CLID card (3 lines) and 7 extensions

I have set CLID on on every line on every set in telco features. the AA is set to pick up after four rings ONLY if the sets (Appear and ring, all lines) dont answer.

I have called all of the lines with my butt set attached and caller ID pops up on the first ring

None of the sets will show caller ID, even if you hit f811 (it just shows "LINE x calling)"

is it an issue of software version? if so, then why am I even given the Caller ID set option.

I've tried display 1st:name and number, makes no difference.

am i missing something?
Posted By: jwooten Re: CLID on CICS 2.0 - 07/20/06 09:18 AM
Sounds like you have all things set. Look at your log space entry. It's zero at default and there are 250 log spaces. Also verify your trunk type in maint. It should id as CLID as I recall.
Posted By: macdouglas Re: CLID on CICS 2.0 - 07/20/06 09:57 AM
yeah, it was easier than that. bad card.
but now...

same site (I was going out to troubleshoot a problem with line 2 and decided I would give the CLID problem a shot)

all of a sudden today, line two (when direct selected) had no dial tone. when a call came in on that line, you could not pick it up (if you pressed it you get the line name for @ 3 secs, then it disconnects) there was dial tone on the 66 block (trunk side 25pr).
I rebooted the system and Voila! line two is back.

so thats when I swapped the card to test the CLID. (I know what you're thinking, more indication that the card is bad... but wait!)
every thing was cool, but now the problem is on LINE 1!
(this is the "new" CLI GATC that I put in to test)

we've had some fairly nasty storms here lately but we're protected and the problem popped up in the middle of a sunny day.

I tried to reboot (it worked the first time) and NONE of the lines would work.

I thought maybe disconnect sup. but it was set. so I took my screwdriver and shorted each line pair, and they all showed back up.

am I looking at wierd telco crap here? I can't consistantly duplicate the issue so I can't tell if it will come back. I'm half tempted to declare the system to be fried.
I would default the system and start over, it is the least radical process.

If you know how to do the startup program do that and select a square system.

If you don't know how to do that PM me, it is simple but I'll be thought of as a crabby old bitch if I post it. OY, boys and their rules.
Posted By: telemarv Re: CLID on CICS 2.0 - 07/21/06 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie:
I would default the system and start over, it is the least radical process.

If you know how to do the startup program do that and select a square system.

If you don't know how to do that PM me, it is simple but I'll be thought of as a crabby old bitch if I post it. OY, boys and their rules.
And girls and their toys. Glad you're following the rules. clap
Posted By: macdouglas Re: CLID on CICS 2.0 - 07/21/06 05:37 AM
thanks, we've ordered another GATC2 w/ CLID.

turns out, the "test" card had bad line 1 port, the original card couldn't display CLID, and I spent way more time on site than I should have screwing w/ it. if the new card gives us problems, I'll replace the system. they've got an aftermarket warr.(it is a used CICS with 2.0 afterall)

thanks for the help.
Posted By: pghphoneman Re: CLID on CICS 2.0 - 07/21/06 12:50 PM
THATS WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR TEST EQUIPMENT IS GOOD. THAT WAS A COSTLY MISTAKE. OH WELL THATS HOW YA LEARN. WEVE ALL DONE IT SOMETIME OR ANOTHER.
Posted By: macdouglas Re: CLID on CICS 2.0 - 07/21/06 02:58 PM
the card I used was on our "to be tested" shelf and had come from an old system so I actually killed 2 birds w/ one stone :thumb:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help