atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ranger1229 BCM REMOTE PROGRAMMING - 07/20/06 08:02 PM
wanted to know if anyone is successful in remotely programming a bcm 400; i am using a netpath seb to connect but when i try changing any programming, the bcm times out. any help would be appreciated. also, how can do you use the bru?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM REMOTE PROGRAMMING - 07/20/06 08:11 PM
Hook up a telco line right into the BCM-400. Create a dial-up network connection and use it to dial the BCM. Using the proper ID & Password you are connected. Then using Internet Explorer connect to the BCM using the IP address.
Posted By: ranger1229 Re: BCM REMOTE PROGRAMMING - 07/20/06 08:13 PM
does it go into the bcm 400 or the netpath seb?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM REMOTE PROGRAMMING - 07/20/06 08:16 PM
Not really sure what a netpath SEB is. Sounds like a secure modem. The SEB's that I am familiar with then passes the info on via RS232. The BCM needs a Telco line into it. Will your netpath fake a dialed CO line out of it ???
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM REMOTE PROGRAMMING - 07/20/06 08:29 PM
To actually answer your question. The telco line goes direcly into the BCM. It takes a line cord right into the modem port on the front. Using the BRU, it will take a while using dial-up. But you are suppose to be able to backup a system's config for safe keeping then restore it later to rebuild a crashed disk.
Posted By: ranger1229 Re: BCM REMOTE PROGRAMMING - 07/20/06 08:42 PM
thanks, i will try that. do you have to enable the modem port at all?
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM REMOTE PROGRAMMING - 07/20/06 09:08 PM
I have never had to. The BCM-50 you have to but not on the 200/400's. Unless someone has done something specific to disable it.
Posted By: Toner Re: BCM REMOTE PROGRAMMING - 07/21/06 04:32 PM
Or you can give it an external IP address and program it directly.
Posted By: ranger1229 Re: BCM REMOTE PROGRAMMING - 07/29/06 08:09 PM
thanks for the info; connecting straight to the modem port worked just fine. can you explain how to backup the software remotely. i don't want to just backup to the bcm hard drive but rather to another location remotely. i know we could do this on the old norstars through the fastrad.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help