atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Nickels Warning more hacks on the rise again. - 08/30/06 05:07 PM
Just a heads up on what I have seen lately. The hackers are that are not having any luck transfering out of mboxs are now doing someting else. They call in to the Auto Attendant over the weekend, access the Admin mbox or Gen mbox leave a message in there that says "blah blah blah". They then send out an email to all there people and say call this 800 number and enter this mbox number. On sunday night they go in and remove the message and down the road the customer gets a bill for 200 45-60 second phone calls from the phillipines or india. I am thinking the message may be something they don't want sent via email, or maybe they don't have it. I don't know, I just know it is happening alot up here. So to all installers make sure your mbox ports are restricted, remove outbound access unless they are going to need it, turn down the invalid password lock out to 3 tims. Keep password expiry on, change your Gen mbox passwords and Sys admin off default and make sure the client knows to use passwords that are not 1234 or 1111. Who has that much time on there hands that they dial into systems on the weekend to do something like that. ERRRRRRRRRRR. The telco's charge the client and if the client has not been informed of these kind of things, they will go after the interconnect for it.
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: Warning more hacks on the rise again. - 08/30/06 09:59 PM
Strange...

I haven't seen any like that down here yet.

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: telemarv Re: Warning more hacks on the rise again. - 08/31/06 05:16 AM
I haven't any such hackers on this side of the country.
terrorists have that much time on there hands. i would have the telco trace calls on those lines. that sounds pretty shady there.
Posted By: byacey Re: Warning more hacks on the rise again. - 08/31/06 09:24 PM
The sad part of it is the terrorists create problems for free. Telus bills you for creating and then solving problems that they created in the first place.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help