atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: carl2468 MOH Problem - 03/19/07 12:21 PM
Hello all,

I am having a problem with a customer CICS 4.2 ... the MOH has a very loud buzzing sound, with just faint audio in the background. The MOH is connected to the sound card of a computer ... this is the same setup I have at many locations. If I unplug the wire from the back of the PC, the buzzing stops ... I have tried a different audio source (rather than the PC) and also tried changing the wire from the audio source to the KSU.. same result.

Any suggestions?

Any help is appreciated.

Carl.
Posted By: twisted pair Re: MOH Problem - 03/19/07 12:26 PM
Flip the polarity (swap the + and - going into the KSU).
Posted By: carl2468 Re: MOH Problem - 03/19/07 02:10 PM
I have tried switching the polarity.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: MOH Problem - 03/19/07 02:16 PM
Just something to try. Try taking a wire - connect it to a computer ground frame. Then connect the other end to the audio ground along with the audio ground wire.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: MOH Problem - 03/19/07 04:16 PM
Going to sound 'newbie', but did you split the pair on the punch block? You won't be the 1st tech with years under his belt that goofed! And if you did, you don't have to tell us, although if you don't offer a legitimate reason and cure, we'll know! smile And it could be wire broken inside insulation. Please tell me you didn't try to punch down a stranded cable! John C.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: MOH Problem - 03/19/07 04:59 PM
Last week had a customers inhouse IT guy ask if I could "fix" the MOH. Was a boom box that he had connected to the MOH pins on the 66 block. I punched down a solid pair then connected his mini-RCA jack/cable to the solid pair. Took me longer to connect that stranded pair than anything else. VERY thin strands, and the cable had black, white and common bare copper strands that would break if you looked at them wrong. Again, they were hair-like. Finally got a good connection and good sound using one of the colored wires and the bare copper strands--but a person had to be very careful to do it right--any other way --it would not work.
Posted By: carl2468 Re: MOH Problem - 03/24/07 09:56 AM
Hello all ... thanks for your suggestions.... everything seems to be connected fine - same way I have it connected at other sites ... also, around the time this started happening, the paging volume also got unbearably loud. They are using a Valcom self-amplified paging unit... even with the volume all the way down, the speakers got really loud.

This is really puzzling me ... I am wondering if there is something wrong with the KSU?

I'll keep testing ...

Carl.
Posted By: vad60 Re: MOH Problem - 03/24/07 03:32 PM
Why don't you put toner on your pins and listen to sound. What self amplified Unit? Are you talking about self amplified Horn?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help