atcomsystems.ca/forum
Having trouble setting up a new CP150, changed the IP from defualt via serial to 192.168.1.50, laptop to 102.168.1.1.

Launched IE - https://192.168.1.50 to connect to CP manager to initialize but I cannot connect?

Says it connecting and then times out.

Any ideas?

:bang: :bang: :bang:
Restart the CallPilot then check the IP address again.

Make sure the CP and Laptop have the same subnet mask.

Clear your browser cache, then try again.
I'm assuming the subnet mask is still 255.255.255.0
Didn't think of browser cache, I will try that. They are the same subnet mask.
No luck on the browser cache. I can ping the CP IP address but cannot connect via browser
Is it completely booting up? Can you get to the System Admin thru the sets? Did you try the default address just to be sure it actually has changed?

I have had to reboot CP's several times before they would come up.
Havn't tried thru the sets yet. I seems like its booting, I can see it start up through Hyperterminal and verify the IP address etc. I did try the default IP as well with no luck, I even changed it back.

No matter what browser or laptop we use it can't get to call manager.

IE will tell you its opening the page and then bomb out.

I can see activity on the CP link light.
This may be a silly question, but your post says you have changed it to 102.168.1.1. Is that what you changed the call pilot to? What is the address of your laptop?
Sorry that was a test - to see who was paying attention, actually it was a typo laptop was 192.168.1.1

Nice catch though!

Call Pilot 192.168.1.50
Laptop 192.168.1.1
Sub on both 255.255.255.0

Can ping the CP - no browser connect.
I might look stupid but I have to ask. Are you using crossover cable or Straight thru?
Is there a second PC or laptop to try this from?
Ping operates at a very low level of the IP stack, so it is certainly very possible that you can have a vaild ping reply and still not get the necessary exchange to open that page. That being said though, are you sure the ping reply you're seeing is coming from the CP? A good way to check would be to set up a ping loop using the -t switch and see if the reply goes away when you unhook the CP. Another possibility is to use the -a switch and see if you get a name for the device responding to the ping.

I only bring that up as I've seen IP conflicts on the same network cause your issue.

Also, if you're using a crossover cable and you're not on a network, I'd try using a standard patch cable and run it through a switch. It sounds crazy, and I don't know about CP but I have had firmware devices respond better that way.

Good luck.
I agree with Trace, probably an IP conflict. You could also use ARP after you ping to see the MAC address associated with that IP. The MAC address should also be on a sticker on the CP.
On the initial install, I always use a x-over cable and connect the laptop up directly.

You will have to go in and turn off "obtain an IP address automatically" and set one up within range of the CP for your NIC card.
Disconnect the CP from the network and see if your ping still has a response. That'll confirm an address conflict.

Do as TP suggests connect your laptop directly with a crossover cable. You'll have to set your IP address in your laptop to something in the subnet range.

More to check...

xxx.xxx.xxx.1 that is often the gateway address of the router. You may have a conflict there.

Check for a fire wall blocking 192.168.1.50

Check that 192.168.1.50 is a valid address as some routers are restricted in the range of addresses used.
Trouble Found,

As I have found out in the past a CP will not boot if it is not connected to a digital port. I did have it connected on our test bench as we have done in the past - the difference is that the port had failed so even though we had a physical connect we had no itegration.

Different port - Problem Solved.

Thanks for all the advice!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help