atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MooreTel MICS & I-ATA - 07/31/07 04:54 PM
I had an installer of a POS system call me today. He was trying to set up his machine on my client's MICS and wanted to know how to do it....yeah right. I told him I'd be in tomorrow to do as this clown had tried putting a splitter on an extention jack.

I can't locate my MICS installer's manual. It's here someplace. Can someone please tell what DN the I-ATA is?

Dave
Posted By: rich30529 Re: MICS & I-ATA - 07/31/07 06:05 PM
Dave, are you talking about a CICS or a MICS? I have never heard of an I-ATA on a MICS. On a CICS it is Y/SL SL/Y on the trunk side. The DN should be 37/237 depending on the DN range.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: MICS & I-ATA - 08/01/07 03:40 AM
Rich...

I was indeed talking about a MICS. I know about the CICS having one and just assumed the MICS did as well.

No sweat, I'll take an ATA-2 with me.

Thanks,
Dave
Posted By: telemarv Re: MICS & I-ATA - 08/01/07 04:57 AM
No I-ATA or IRAD on a MICS.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: MICS & I-ATA - 08/01/07 05:14 AM
Dave, I wish it did have one. I have never understood why they didn't put one on the MICS. It's not like they didn't have a pair for it along with the rest of the aux. equipment pairs.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: MICS & I-ATA - 08/01/07 07:36 AM
If ONLY......If Nortel would have their engineers talk to field technicians, they could come up with the greatest phone system in the world. There is so much they could do different that only us field techs would know about.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: MICS & I-ATA - 08/01/07 03:51 PM
We could only wish.....

I can't see why didn't put them on the MICS as well...

Dave
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help