atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Keithabt Call Forward on intercom calls - 08/02/07 02:57 PM
Hi, I have a client who has a Nortel M8X24-DS with a star talk voicemail. The system version is SP: 30MULO7 DR5. I had to reprogram the system and the only problem I am having is when a person calls another via the intercom the telephone rings 4 times and then transfers to the unknown. I have the telephones forwarding on no answer(capabilities) to the first port of the voicemail and that works on transfered calls but not on intercom calls. Anyone have a suggestion?
Posted By: vad60 Re: Call Forward on intercom calls - 08/02/07 06:23 PM
I don't understand how its possible. Transfer from VM is the same ICM. call and if it goes into mail box after 4th ring it should go to the same point via ICM. calls unless you have redirect Enabled and its set up for 3 rings to prime which is by default ext.21 or 221. Otherwise its a glitch.
Posted By: Keithabt Re: Call Forward on intercom calls - 08/02/07 09:50 PM
Thank you! I wll check the redirect enabled. My self thought it would go to the prime extension also. If it is not in redirect it must be a glitch. Thank you, again!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call Forward on intercom calls - 08/03/07 04:50 AM
Is this from &/or to all extensions, or just from/to 1?

Dave
Posted By: Keithabt Re: Call Forward on intercom calls - 08/04/07 11:04 AM
When I intercom anybodys phone on the phone system it will ring their phone 4 times and then stop ringing however, the phone I called them with will still have ring back tone on it like it has been forwarded somewhere. The calls are answered by the auto attendent and when transfered by the AA the calls forward to the voicemail after 4 rings.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call Forward on intercom calls - 08/06/07 06:34 AM
...the phone I called them with will still have ring back tone on it like it has been forwarded somewhere.
I fail to see what you mean by "ring back tone"on an intercom.

No matter where the call went, you'll have inercom dial tone when you pickup the handset.

If you're holding the handset, or using H/F, what are you "hearing" after the 4 rings?

Dave
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help