atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: SSTELECOM Call FWD External on a PRI - 08/05/07 01:20 PM
I am installing a MICS with 7.0. I am trying to get DID calls to extensions to call forward to thiert call phone. I have done this many times with Loop start lines and T1, but I have no luck when using a PRI. I have had this same problem many times but I have nec\ver gotten a solution./

When I do either a F4 or a F84, the ut come is the same. I get a single ring on the extension and then it trys to forward but the caller only gets a tone and then a fast busy like it is erroring out.

The funny thing ios, the Call FWD to the cell phone works if it is a1 internal call to the extension.. I need help!!!
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Call FWD External on a PRI - 08/05/07 01:34 PM
I had the same problem before. I could set up the call forward on one system with PRI, but not on another.

Apparently, when using a PRI, the Call Forward or Line Redirect is considered a trunk-to-trunk transfer, which must be supported by the carrier. Perhaps your carrier is not supporting that feature.
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: Call FWD External on a PRI - 08/05/07 03:25 PM
You have to have a routing table and destination code set up (like 9 any) and have allow redirect enabled. Then it should work. Feature 4, 9, plus the number to forward to.
Posted By: SSTELECOM Re: Call FWD External on a PRI - 08/05/07 04:44 PM
It does redirect on internal calls, that is why I think it has to do with the Carrier like nfcphoneman suggest.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Call FWD External on a PRI - 08/09/07 06:06 AM
I had the same thing once. Wish I had a better memory. But what I can remember is this: It accessed the line like it was forwarding but then never completed. All I can remember is it had to do with the outgoing caller ID. I think it was either sending the number of who called back out BUT more so I think it had to do with the caller ID of the phone doing the forwarding. I wish I could remember exactly. It was one of those, try everything under the sun, and when it finally worked, it was after hours and the customer was locking the doors. So I forgot to make notes. Sorry. Just take a look at what number is being sent out. Maybe OLI.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Call FWD External on a PRI - 08/09/07 07:18 AM
Kevhawk13 has it right. You need a separate outbound route and destination code in order to transfer PRI off site. Remember, this is a trunk to trunk transfer, not a centrex type transfer, so two PRI channels are used during the call.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help