atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Nyam, Jeb I. No Free Lines - 08/23/07 12:23 AM
Hi all,

I am still administering a Nortel Modular ICS & Norstar VM 4.0.

After a brief power outage the system is currently in a "No Free Lines" state.

I have tried a "Safe reboot" to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Posted By: luv2ski Re: No Free Lines - 08/23/07 03:55 AM
1.lost programming"lines no longer in pool"
2. t1 down"lock out"
3.More info in never a bad thing
Posted By: DigitelD Re: No Free Lines - 08/23/07 04:22 AM
What is the release of the MICS? Check your routing, and what pool the PRI is in and line pool access on the phones. My guess is you lost something in programming unless the obvious is true and the PRI is down.
Posted By: SupportDude Re: No Free Lines - 08/24/07 02:02 PM
Known issue related to the NVRAM.
Your route has defaulted to Use Pool A.
Change it back to the proper pool.
If its using PRI, should be PRI-A.
Posted By: jokermia Re: No Free Lines - 03/12/08 01:43 PM
Hi all...

I've got a similar problem with our Norstar BCM50. The VM went down all of a sudden for everyone. After checking on this site I found info that led me to reboot the system. Once it came back up, the VM worked again but the outside lines had stopped working - we get the "no free lines" when we try to dial out, and dialing into our system gets a "due to heavy call volume..." message.

I've tried to disable and re-enable the cards, as well as reboot the system, to no avail. Any ideas? Oh, one other thing - this happened once before, and came back on its own after multiple disable/re-enable and reboots over the course of two days.

If I'm not providing enough info, please let me know and I'll be glad to provide what I can.Bear in mind, though - I'm not a guru like the rest of you on this forum smile , just the unlucky schlub who has to administer the phone system frown
Posted By: vad60 Re: No Free Lines - 03/12/08 02:45 PM
If you have a Message from provider its mean the T1 is down and it has nothing to do with your system.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: No Free Lines - 03/12/08 02:52 PM
Jokermia, this is considered an old post and not exactly the same topic. Please, in the future open a new thread.
Posted By: jokermia Re: No Free Lines - 03/12/08 03:15 PM
Sorry about that MooreTel, and thanks for the help so far vad60 - my provider is checking it out. I'll remember to start a new thread in the future...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help