atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: secondshift Change extension and associated DID - 08/23/07 09:59 AM
I am a novice Nortel programmer (novice means I follow instructions from a manual well.) I have a situation where a port on a MICS went bad, so I cross connected the station wire to the next available port. His extension went from 223 to 243. He has a DID number, that says 148 and then the 7-digit DID number when I inspected the button on the old phone. How do I get that to the new phone? Or is there a way to just swap the extensions in software? Do I need to know what release of MICS it is to accomplish this? The guy is without a phone till I figure this out so any response is appreciated. Thanks. Diana
Posted By: telemarv Re: Change extension and associated DID - 08/23/07 01:47 PM
This is not end user programming nor is for the novice.

As the system admin, you can use set relocation (not the recommended way) to move the phone to a new port. All programming will follow.

I would suggest you call a professional to train you for DID programming.
Posted By: Toneman Re: Change extension and associated DID - 08/23/07 03:17 PM
You can also go into line programmining and unassign that target line from that extension and add it to the new extension. The best thing to do though because of your limited experience would be to do auto set relocation. If you have voicemail attached to the system then autoset relocate is what you should do. Make sure you disable autoset relocate when you are finished with the task to avoid future problems. I would also log the change of ports and file it away for reference.
We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..
Posted By: rustynails Re: Change extension and associated DID - 08/23/07 10:32 PM
well if the port is non-functional as claimed, she's pretty much boned on using set relocate. In order to get the right programming back onto the phone she would need to reconnect to the original port.
Posted By: bcox Re: Change extension and associated DID - 08/24/07 07:38 AM
Under Terminals & Sets - Line Access just unassign line 148 from DN 223, then assign line 148 to DN 243.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help