atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mjamm1 CDP from MICS - 09/05/07 11:03 AM
I maintain larger 81C pbx's, but have a couple of MICS in the field connected with point to point PRI's. How do you set up CPD in the MICS? I am unable to dial a extension 7852 in the 81C from the MICS.
Posted By: telemarv Re: CDP from MICS - 09/05/07 12:31 PM
welcome
CDP?

Is the the only ext you can't dial?
Posted By: DigitelD Re: CDP from MICS - 09/05/07 12:54 PM
We need a little more info on how the sites are networked.
Posted By: mjamm1 Re: CDP from MICS - 09/05/07 01:01 PM
Yes, that is the only digit that can not be dialed.

I went to Service>Routing Services>DestCodes and found all others DNs that I can dial. However, the system will not allow me to add the DN 7852.
Posted By: DigitelD Re: CDP from MICS - 09/05/07 01:14 PM
Is there a destination code for this extension?
Posted By: mjamm1 Re: CDP from MICS - 09/05/07 01:22 PM
No, and it will not allow me to add it. I see Dest Code 7851 7855 7856...so on.
Posted By: rustynails Re: CDP from MICS - 09/05/07 02:24 PM
Originally posted by mjamm1:
7851 7855 7856...so on.
You have it backwards. Dont create dest codes for every ext. I have no idea what your number plane looks like for your entire network - but at first glance i would delete all those codes and create just 78** as one code to cover all those extensions / office, or at a minimum 785*. You really need to gives us more info on the rest of your sites and the extensions.
Posted By: mjamm1 Re: CDP from MICS - 09/06/07 08:12 AM
22 sites tandem through my 81c. The person I took over for had the dialing plan all over the board. various 78xx DNs can appear an any number of the sites. 7852 that I can not dial from the norstar is in a remote system off my 81C. However, other 785x DNs are in the norstar in question.
Posted By: rustynails Re: CDP from MICS - 09/06/07 09:09 AM
Well, that still does not give us enough information. I really think you should get someone in there who can clean things up. With 22 sites you should really go to a 5 digit dialing plan to simplify all the routing, but that may take way too much time and effort to revamp you entire system. The most sites i have done was 6 and the key is to create a plan so when an employee moves from one location to another there is no learning curve; for example reaching lets say the Boston office is always 78** no matter what branch office he is in.
Posted By: mjamm1 Re: CDP from MICS - 09/06/07 10:17 AM
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I am a strong believer in forums. I am well capable on the larger PBX's and resolving dialing plans, but as you stated It does take time and I have to get this issue resolved now.

I am in a government facility and management is preventing me to moving to a 5-digit plan, so this is what I have to work with in the time being.

Its only this one Norstar I am having issues with. And I do really appreciate your assistance.

Is it the destination codes you use to dial off premise extensions?
Posted By: rustynails Re: CDP from MICS - 09/06/07 11:36 AM
Tell us what the display read from the n* when you dial the ext in question.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help