atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: davetel 308 time - 09/07/07 10:50 PM
hello friends i have a customer with a 308. they loose the time every couple days but the date is ok. all other programming seems to be ok. is there any solution outside of replacing the ksu. thanks dave
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: 308 time - 09/07/07 11:16 PM
Are you sure the system isn't regularly losing power? The time would be off and the other programming would be intact. Depending on how long the power is off, the date would remain correct.
Posted By: telemarv Re: 308 time - 09/08/07 05:04 AM
When Norstar KSU's lose power the clock stops running. I'd look at where the KSU is plugged into the mains (switched plug?).
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: 308 time - 09/08/07 08:58 AM
If the clock is right on time when you leave for the day, then the next morning it is xx min behind, all that means is your power was out for that xx min duration. A great way to know how long power was out.......in case you need to check items in the refrigerator.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: 308 time - 09/08/07 10:20 AM
Use a cheap alarm clock that starts blinking with a power loss, to confirm power loss. Plug into the same outlet, set the time and when the NT has the wrong time, if the alarm clock is blinking, which it should be, Gloriosky, Zero! the ac power is going away! Make sure it is actually using the same outlet. Use a plug strip if you have to. Outlets can be 'split-wired' so one is always powered and the other half is controlled by a switch. Or even different branches, altho I think that is against code! John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: davetel Re: 308 time - 09/08/07 09:44 PM
i bet thats it. i will tell them to get one of those clocks. iforgot about them loosing time when they loose power. thank you for the help. dave
Posted By: telemarv Re: 308 time - 09/09/07 06:18 AM
the 308 has an external power supply. It may be shutting down for a few minutes from an overheat.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help