atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pts technician Startalk Flash Issue - 09/10/07 06:15 PM
Have a customer with MICS Rel/T1 and a Flash 4 Port with 2.0.10B. They reset their voicemail and switch because of buggy things happening and after the reset, they lost all programming in the Flash. I think a couple of years ago they had 1.7 and we upgraded them because they lost progamming then. My question is, could the Flash itself be going bad? Why does it loose programming?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Startalk Flash Issue - 09/10/07 07:16 PM
Known quirk with alot of flash mails. :scratch:
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Startalk Flash Issue - 09/11/07 05:04 AM
Originally posted by RATHER BE FISHING:
Known quirk with alot of flash mails. :scratch:
And a real PITA to get it back to "exactly" the way it was before as no-one has kept the programming record up to date.

Dave
Posted By: Z-man Re: Startalk Flash Issue - 09/12/07 06:24 AM
I would replace the flash with a Call Pilot. The Flash itself should not be losing memory unless the unit is going bad.
Posted By: bcox Re: Startalk Flash Issue - 09/12/07 03:35 PM
The memory cap on the Flash motherboard is bad. If you have soldering skills you can replace it. It's 1F 5.5V
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Startalk Flash Issue - 09/12/07 05:59 PM
I have had over 30 flashs that lost programming and when reprogrammed kept the data during power loss. There is no rhyme or reason for the default other than I recreated once by bouncing power several times during boot up. A bad cap would do that but there is something else doing these mails in.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help