atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean 4-way conference call? - 09/10/07 06:38 PM
A client asked me today how to initiate a 4-way conference call (user + 3 outside callers).

I said it couldn't be done without involving another phone within the office, but...I know someone here knows a "trick".

???
Posted By: skip555 Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/10/07 06:47 PM
set it up through the telco or use one of the conference providers
Posted By: jwooten Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/10/07 06:54 PM
I recall Nortel being somewhat slim on conferencing with 3 party. A local utility customer of mine with a CICS wanted to do this with 5 to 7 parties. I had them add CO 3-way calling on all 5 CO lines. They conference big time now!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/11/07 05:11 AM
Another way is to get one (or more) of the outside parties to conference in the extra person from THEIR line.

Keep in mind, the more on the line, the weaker the quality.

Dave
Posted By: MHPtech Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/11/07 06:39 AM
Don't know what type of Nortel it is by your post. If it's a PBX (61C/81C) it is defined according to set type.
Digital sets (2000 series)it is defined when conf. key is added to key in LD 11 as follows:
Key (number) AO6. For analog sets it is defined in LD 10 in CLS as follows:
cls C6A (for 6 party conference allowed).
Don't know if it relates, but thought I'd try and help.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/11/07 07:42 AM
The system is a CICS.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/11/07 07:53 AM
On Norstar systems, conf is ONLY You plus two other people. To get more, use Telco, a private conferencing company, or get the other parties to conf in more.
Posted By: Z-man Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/12/07 06:26 AM
For companies that do a lot of conferencing, a conference bridge is a no brainer, and a one time investment.
Posted By: tjk78 Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/12/07 08:41 AM
If you decide to purchase a conf bridge be sure you can provide disconnect supervsion or it'll cause headaches in the future. There are 3rd party products designed to do this.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/12/07 12:41 PM
OK...I've got no brain. What is a "conference bridge"?
Posted By: 5Etek-mike Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/12/07 02:35 PM
In simple terms: As opposed to having standard 3 or 6 way calling assigned to individual lines, a conference bridge platform normally consists of separate hardware and software that can establish a multi-user conference that is assigned it's own TN and passcodes for each invited member to dial into, and "bridge" into that conference at a predetermined time. Some conference bridge systems also provide integrated "crash-conferencing" (using dedicated multi-line ringdown circuits), where a dedicated member (also called the conference "initiator") either simply goes off-hook or dials a specific TN, triggering a ring down to multiple, dedicated stations, "bridging" them all into a single conference call. :thumb: (Edited to provide this example. )
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/12/07 03:48 PM
OK. Thanks. I'll look into that.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/12/07 04:59 PM
Some systems are capable of supporting multi (many) member conferences. If I remember correctly, Panasonice TDA100/200 will support up to 8-way conference with amplification. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: Z-man Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/12/07 10:01 PM
Forum Communications used to make a pretty good one. Confer II is the name, I think.
Posted By: telemarv Re: 4-way conference call? - 09/13/07 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Lightninghorse:
If I remember correctly, Panasonice TDA100/200 will support up to 8-way conference with amplification. John C. (Not Garand)
Please, this is a Nortel forum. Telling us another system will do what is requested is absolutely pointless.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help