atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguy1962 BCM 50 CO issues - 09/11/07 10:31 AM
We are having troubles with BCM-50 Rel 2.0 units. We are working with a C-LEC which uses Arris voice ports. A NID which uses the coax tv plant to supper impose a dailtone from a Nortel Corrner stone product. If 2 lines are on the BCM it works fine. When we add a third line the CO lines start to drop calls, static and hollow sounding, intermitantly. When a 4th line added the BCM fails. Same happens on the Expansion module. The voice ports run "HOT". We replaced the BCM 50 with a Compact. Any one run across this issue?
Posted By: bcox Re: BCM 50 CO issues - 09/11/07 03:05 PM
There were line issues with earlier releases of the BCM-50. The fix for those was to make sure you had all the latest patches.
Posted By: phoneguy1962 Re: BCM 50 CO issues - 09/12/07 06:09 AM
Hey bcox: Thanks for the responces. The BCM has all the updates. The voice ports do run very hot and that seems to be the issue. we have tried to put resistors on the CO line but this doesn't resolve the issue.
Posted By: bcox Re: BCM 50 CO issues - 09/12/07 03:31 PM
I'd test both line voltage and line current on the CO lines. Voltage should be around 48VDC on an idle line, and line current should be between 25-30mA. High current or high voltage could cause the symptoms you describe. The CLEC should fix this, but if not you can buy current limiters from www.mikesandman.com
Posted By: phoneguy1962 Re: BCM 50 CO issues - 09/13/07 06:12 AM
Thanks Bcox. Good info at that web site. Hopefully it resovels my issues, my tech support and Nortel don't seem to want to address this issue. Have a good one.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help