atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lightning horse E & M - 09/11/07 11:29 AM
Nortel Tie-Line card wiring in the MICS 3 manual shows use of all 8 leads in a back-to-back test configuration. We are looking at 2-wire (T, R, E, M) Tie-Lines connected into an old analog Mitel, installed in 1986. One thing that must remain is the Tie-Lines as they are important to the operation of this company. T1/PRI is NOT an option. Will Nortel Tie-Line cards work with 2 wire Tie-Lines? John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: luv2ski Re: E & M - 09/11/07 11:42 AM
whats at other end or is it multible sites
Posted By: phoneguy1962 Re: E & M - 09/11/07 11:56 AM
T-1 from Nortstar to Mitlel SX-200 Gen 217 will work but unreliable. Works better going from Norstar to Mitel. For some reason I couldn't get a connection 100% of the time. Had to play with start types. After about a year customer replaced Mitel with a new Norstar good luck
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: E & M - 09/11/07 02:06 PM
It's multiple sites and as I said, T1/PRI not an option. Presently 2-wire E & M from telco and staying that way. No one knows what happens 'on the telco side of the hardware' but we think we're dialing into another PBX that routes out to other locations as well as locations within that PBX. Getting dis-information from the customer, don't think HQ wants to spend $, wants to stretch 217 Mitel another 20 years. I'm cool with that, but for some reason, the salesman and my boss aren't. C'mon guys, re-read the original post. All I want to know is, will a Nortel E & M card work on 2-wire E & M circuit. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: luv2ski Re: E & M - 09/11/07 02:59 PM
find nothing on internet stating it will work...try here with question

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCM-Norstar/messages

will need to register on yahoo groups
Posted By: phoneguy1962 Re: E & M - 09/13/07 06:20 AM
Sorry missprint, I ment E&M. Does work but not 100%. Had both systems side by side. Also set-up system so Mitel could use the Norsatar at the Mitel site as a tamdem to a Norsart in another city via a pri
Posted By: rustynails Re: E & M - 09/15/07 09:17 AM
In short to answer your questions you need like em's on back to back configuration. Unfortunately MICS only supports 4wire, unless you connect via DTI card.

However you should be able to find 4wire em cards for the Mitel, being much more flexible as system on a whole.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: E & M - 09/15/07 09:33 AM
The problem is we are contemplating replacing 20 year old SX200-217 with a MICS. This Mitel is just 1 node on a network. The E & M tielines go to Charlotte and we have no info on what is there. This is 3 2-wire tielines that allow this end to dial into Charlotte and, we think, elsewhere thru whatever is in Charlotte. My personal preference wouild be a Mitel ICP, but, I'm the only 1 with certification, I'm 62, and my CO. is not a Mitel dealer and not interested in becoming one. Initially proposed a TDA50, then found out about the Tielines, oops! We got a lead for conversion equipment here, but $$$ may dump the whole project. frown John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: rustynails Re: E & M - 09/15/07 10:26 AM
What kind of multiplexers do you have between the facilities. That may be an option, by replacing the interface cards on one side of the network. Multiplexers are being ripped out left and right these days and very easy to find affordable replacement cards on the used market.

When I briefly scanned the post i was assuming a back to back connection (nortel-mitel), but this cant be the case if there is network involved. So im thinking by replacing cards on the multiplexer on the mics end could do the trick.

~n
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: E & M - 09/16/07 05:19 PM
Interesting thought! I was considering an E & M to FXS or FXO conversion, maybe subbing a card to do it all in 1 step? Probably not, suspect Embarq would take exception to swapping parts on their side of the NID! (Ya Think!?) smile John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: E & M - 09/16/07 06:26 PM
What did I miss? Mitel E&M cards are 2w and 4w both.

Carl
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help