atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ggrego Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/14/07 08:01 AM
I've got a Nortsar-PLUS MICS at home with version 6.0. I purchased a CI (Caller ID) card. Originally I had a LS/DS card in slot 4 and all was good. When I plug the new Caller ID Card in Slot 4 dial tone and everything is good. Just experimenting I plugged the CI in Slot 3 and now no dial tone. Why? I thought it did not matter which of these slots (3 or 4) you plugged the module in.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/14/07 08:16 AM
Slot 4 is for your first 4 trunks.
Slot 3 is for your next 4 trunks.

You MAY plug it into slot 3 but now you do not have trunks 1-4, but now have the next 4 trunks in the system which are 31-34.
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/14/07 02:33 PM
Thanks NTlayoff. I think I've got a problem that is not related to the Slots. Here it is. I installed a new CLID card. I installed it in slot 4 on the Norstar-PLUS Modular ICS ver. 6.0. After I installed it my StarTalk Flash 2.0.10 quit working. I went into maintenance and it does not see the port. I also put a RAD on that port and it sees it. I have another StarTalk Flash and it does not see it also. Cannot understand that. Or is it not related to the Caller ID card at all?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/14/07 03:06 PM
Did you reboot the system &/or the Flash & did you wait long enough for the Flash to kick in?

Dave
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/14/07 03:10 PM
Yes I did. I've been at this for a few hours. I powered down both pieces of equipment. Wait few minutes. Power up the KSU first then the StarTalk. Still will not recognize any of the voice mail when connect to the KSU. Will recognize other equipment on any or or same port I put the voice mail but will not recognize the voice mail.
Posted By: luv2ski Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/14/07 04:45 PM
lines are number 1,2,3,4 then 33,34,35,36..so if you moved card u must move x-conn and reprog sys for new lines
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/14/07 05:04 PM
Originally posted by luv2ski:
lines are number 1,2,3,4 then 33,34,35,36..so if you moved card u must move x-conn and reprog sys for new lines
It shouldn't have anything to do with it until you enact it. I believe his problem is he can't "see" the Flash. If it's connected to the same port as it was, and you can see it, get into it, but NOT answering lines, then luv2ski is right. Even if it was connected to a new DN, you should eventually see it.

Flash units can be like my wife...tempermental to say the least.

Dave
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/15/07 02:33 AM
Yes, it is connected to the same port. I will not see the StarTalk Flash. I moved it to other ports and it does not see it on either of the other ports.
Posted By: luv2ski Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/15/07 06:59 AM
reseat pcmia card on flash..make sure the line cord is plugged into correct port in flash
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/15/07 08:17 AM
Done that at least three (3) times. Did not work.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/15/07 08:43 AM
Plug in a phone. If it works use that same line cord to plug into the flash. Could be just the line cord went bad that you were using for the flash. Make sure Flash is powered off, plug in the line cord, then power the Flash on.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/15/07 08:49 AM
If you just call the port DN, does the flash answer? Also, did you have to do any button reprogramming, like the KSU went DUMB frown ? You know, memory support capacitor didn't do its' job. John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/15/07 10:09 AM
I plugged in a phone. Absolutely nothing. I called the port which I have temporary sitting on x 225. Dial x 225 and it rings busy. I do not have to do any button programming. My whole thing is it was working until I powered down the system and installed the Caller ID card "CI" (NT7B7AAAE)
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/15/07 10:30 AM
Make sure your amphenol cables are in all the way.
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/15/07 11:38 AM
Will check it now. I will remove it and or replace it if necessary. But will do it now.
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/15/07 01:25 PM
Removed the amphenol cable. Did not work either. Going to replace it just in case. Will keep you posted.
Posted By: rustynails Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/15/07 02:45 PM
Pull the card out and see if it comes back.
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/16/07 06:17 AM
I did that twice. I also removed the Callier ID (CI) card and replace it with one of several LS/DS cards. Still the system will not detect the Voice Mail.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/16/07 08:11 AM
Clarification??
Did you say you tried a phone on the same port, using the same line cord as the flash and the phone did not work?

You tried the flash on another port with the same line cord and it didn't work either?

There's your clue... it's not the flash or Norstar... it's your line cord.
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/16/07 09:25 AM
No, I did not use the same line cord. I used three (3) different lines cords and it still did not work. Here is what I found out this morning troubleshooting the voice mail. I connected a serial cable to the RS232 Port. Got in. It dumps these lines and errors. Have no idea what is is saying about the "FUNCTERM."

Quote:

StarTalk Flash Diagnostics Started. Please wait.

NVRam Test: Passed
B84 Test: Passed
Program ROM: Passed
Voice Prompt ROM: Passed
Serial Port Start: Passed
DSP Test: Passed
RAM Disk Test: Passed
RAM Disk Start: Passed
ROM Disk Start: Passed
O/S Start: Passed
VFS Test: Passed
VFS Start: Passed
Timer Test: Passed

Version Code: 06JSL160,Spectra Canadian English/French
Starting StarTalk Flash Access/2
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm
!! Tel wait for Functerm

Please Check The KSU ports!!!

Base Alarm 014: Could not start Access2. Rebo!!t inl waig .or

StarTalk Flash Diagnostics Started. Please wait.

NVRam Test: Passed
B84 Test: Passed
Program ROM: Passed
Voice Prompt ROM: Passed
Serial Port Start: Passed
DSP Test: Passed
RAM Disk Test: Passed
RAM Disk Start: Passed
ROM Disk Start: Passed
O/S Start: Passed
VFS Test: Passed
VFS Start: Passed
Timer Test: Passed

Version Code: 06JSL160,Spectra Canadian English/French
Starting StarTalk Flash Access/2
!! Tel wait for Functerm

Unquote:

And after that it just keeps repeating itself with the same comments. I have two voice mail. One has version 2.0.10 and I believe that the ROM is damaged. The one I am trying to get working has version 1.4 and it is the one above that is not working properly. I believe I may either have to buy a new Flash, Card (ROM) or both. What makes me mad is I just got these StarTalk Flash three months ago.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/16/07 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Ggrego:
I plugged in a phone. Absolutely nothing......
Personally, I would not be worried about the Flash unit until I was able to get a phone working on that port. You did try a different port with a phone??? then try the flash on that other port???
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/16/07 12:36 PM
The port work. I put a phone on the first ten ports and they all work. I also put a RAD on a couple of the ports and the systems sees it. I have know idea why it won't see the StarTalk or any other voice mail. I will just work with it. Thanks.
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/16/07 12:40 PM
Update, now it sees the StarTalk Flash but when I got to the DN/Status and select status it says unavailable. What a day.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/16/07 03:05 PM
Minimum Star talk flash rev for a Norstar 6.0 is 2.0. A 1.4 will NOT work.
Posted By: bcox Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/16/07 03:24 PM
Like Marv said, if you see "!! Tel wait for Functerm" it means the Flash is trying to sync with the phone system, but it can't as 1.4 is not compatible. You need to upgrade the Flash software.
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/16/07 09:55 PM
Yes, I see it won't. the the 2.0.10 I had ROM crashed. I'll get another one this week. Thanks.
Ggrego...
Posted By: telemarv Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/17/07 04:35 AM
Put the 2.0 card in the flash that has the 1.4.
Posted By: Ggrego Re: Norstar-PLUS MICS Slot 3 & 4... - 09/17/07 11:37 AM
Yes, I did.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help