atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: yortmantup voice mail recording - 09/14/07 10:38 AM
Hello,

Need some help in fixing our voicemail recording. We have a Nortel 8x24 phone system with VM.

We wanted to change the recording on our voicemail and did so but not that recording plays when someone calls in and the old one plays directly after. This is the vm recording for our main line. How do we delete the old one. Or if we have to re-record the new one what are the correct steps so that the old one gets erased?
Posted By: telemarv Re: voice mail recording - 09/14/07 11:21 AM
welcome You have obviously recorded your new greeting in the wrong place. You will have to find where the old one is and record over it. It can be in any number of different places. Look in the table or for a CCR.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: voice mail recording - 09/14/07 05:41 PM
Are you changing a voice mail box greeting or the Auto Attendant, or the CCR Main Path?
As Marv said, you may be recording in the wrong place.
And if you are changing the CCR tree, it won't save the recording unless you have disabled the CCR tree from the Table first.
Posted By: yortmantup Re: voice mail recording - 09/21/07 09:19 AM
I was just at the office and I ran across the things you mentioned about CCR path/tree. I had a feeling that is whre the problem lies. I went through many different greeting and was unable to find the one that is playing directly after the intitial one. I am going to have a vendor go out to the office and make things right again. The people in the office have been playing with the phone trying to fix the greeting issue and I think made things worse.

Is there documentation on what exactly the CCR Main path does and is. CCR Tree?

I miss Inter-Tel smile
Thanks for your help!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: voice mail recording - 09/21/07 12:44 PM
When that tech gets there, have him teach you. He may or may not have the documentation with him, but he can send it.

Also NOT a good plan having multiple people playing around in there. When I set them up I have a limit of TWO, that's it that's all that Im teach & make it VERY clear that me correcting their games is $100 per hour & I don't run for that reason.

Dave
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help