atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telemarv PRI Issue - 09/28/07 05:20 AM
Normally I'm the one answering the questions, but today I'm seeking help

I have a customer running MICS 6.1MR with a recent upgrade to a PRI/DID's. All works well except when trying to call overseas As you all know overseas calls begin with 011. As soon as you dial 0 the carrier operator comes on "May I help you?". The carrier (Telus) of course says it's a system issue, but I see no problem in the PRI setup to cause this. I say it's a carrier problem and we are at an impasse.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Posted By: kevhawk13 Re: PRI Issue - 09/28/07 12:51 PM
This has to be a carrier issue. There should be some type of delay in their switch which allows you to dial your complete number before routing the call. Or at least allows you to complete the "011" portion to define the call as international.
Posted By: Toneman Re: PRI Issue - 09/28/07 12:57 PM
I know I have had to tell the system how many digits dialed when setting up PRI's, 10 or 11. I have never set one up for international calls, and I would like to find out your solution for future times. I would also check the toll tables you had to install to see if the digits dialed for international could be dialed.
Posted By: 5Etek-mike Re: PRI Issue - 09/28/07 06:59 PM
Originally posted by kevhawk13:
There should be some type of delay in their switch which allows you to dial your complete number before routing the call. Or at least allows you to complete the "011" portion to define the call as international.
I agree with what Kevhawk is describing. It sounds like the result of a digit analysis error, due to the timeout setting being incorrectly assigned at the provider that controls the time period allowed for the collection of incoming digits. This timeout setting is crucial in resolving these exact types of 0+ dialing conflicts.
Posted By: telemarv Re: PRI Issue - 09/28/07 07:02 PM
I think I know where the issue lies... There is probably an entry in the public DN length prefix for 0. I'll report back.
Posted By: telemarv Re: PRI Issue - 10/02/07 02:14 PM
Solved... :banana:

There was an entry for 0 in public DN length = 1. Which meant when 011 was dialed for international calls only the 0 was sent to the CO and the operator would come on the line.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help