atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: the phone ranger Call pilot 100 Fax detection - 10/11/07 06:56 AM
Does the call pilot 100 support auto fax detection
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call pilot 100 Fax detection - 10/11/07 07:32 AM
welcome Yes it does.
Posted By: the phone ranger Re: Call pilot 100 Fax detection - 10/11/07 08:31 AM
I have the fax on the cics ata and I have the fax dn in the call pilot. When I call in if I enter the fax dn it the fax answer fine. What am I missing to set up the auto detect? I don't see any othe field in either manual.
Thanks
George
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Call pilot 100 Fax detection - 10/11/07 09:55 AM
You have to go into the Call Pilot.
Under Configuration.
Under Fax Properties
Enter the Ext number of the fax (ATA)

Of course the call must be answered by AA or Voice Mail. If a person answers I do not think the fax detection will work.

But if a person answers and hears the fax tone, just transfer to the fax ext.
That is called "Auto Brain-Fax Detection" :rofl:
Posted By: the phone ranger Re: Call pilot 100 Fax detection - 10/11/07 10:04 AM
I have The ata dn listed in the call pilot field and all calls are being answered via aa. But the incoming fax calls are not being routed to the fax dn.I must be missing something.
Thanks
George
Posted By: the phone ranger Re: Call pilot 100 Fax detection - 10/11/07 10:41 AM
The customer had the fax turned off. All is fine
Thanks
George
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Call pilot 100 Fax detection - 10/11/07 10:46 AM
Have you tried a different Fax machine?
When you test it, if you pick up the phone when the fax calls, do you hear the fax tones?
The Call Pilot has to be able to "hear" the fax tones to auto detect it.

I have added about 5 sec of dead to the beginning of my Voice Mail greeting just to give time for the fax tone to be "heard" and then transferred by Auto-Detection. Just as a test, try adding some dead air before the AA greeting starts to talk.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Call pilot 100 Fax detection - 10/11/07 10:49 AM
Yes, That might just cause a problem if the fax is not on. :bang:
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help