atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jeffj Calls don't go to voicemail - 11/29/07 12:05 PM
Hi I have a Nortel T7316E phone and I just started at this company. Right now I can not get the phone to go to voicemail it simply rings and rings. When I first arrived it was set to a previous user and everything worked fine only everything was listed under the previous user who left the company. Our admin went in and tried to change the settings for the name and got that right but ever since no voicemail. I went online and found the setup instructions for ADDING / DELETING a MAILBOX and went through the process with the admin everything seemed to be done correctly. The mail box when I go to it through my phone asks me to reset my password, record my name and it all works but it won't go to voicemail. To access voicemail on my phone I oush and button and feature 981 comes up I enter my password and can access greetings etc. but noone can leave me a voicemail.

Any ideas???
Posted By: JimmyT Re: Calls don't go to voicemail - 11/29/07 01:01 PM
You need to turn "Forward No Answer" on your phone and point it to the voice mail extension after so many rings.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Calls don't go to voicemail - 11/29/07 01:05 PM
Is the "Call Forward No Answer" set to go to VM?
Posted By: jeffj Re: Calls don't go to voicemail - 11/29/07 01:35 PM
I never see that option is it done from my phone or the admin phone where we add /delete mailboxes
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Calls don't go to voicemail - 11/29/07 02:56 PM
it's under Terminals And Sets/(enter set number)/Capabilities/FWD NO Answer

Input the VM number and the set the number of rings (default is 4)
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Calls don't go to voicemail - 11/29/07 03:10 PM
Originally posted by jeffj:
I never see that option is it done from my phone or the admin phone where we add /delete mailboxes
Any T7316, M7310, M7324 and on SOME systems
M or T7208's can be an "Admin" phone, where "Administration" can be preformed from.

You'll need the Admin passwords to make the changes needed.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Calls don't go to voicemail - 11/30/07 05:01 AM
Originally posted by jeffj:
The problem is you are looking in the voice mail programming. Call forward settings are in the configuration of the telephone system. They are different and the proceedure to access them are different.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help