atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: b_j_m_f Date and Time never changes on Nortel KSU - 01/23/08 07:09 AM
We have a site that just notified us the Date and Time NEVER change. If they set a new time (via programming) the time stays fixed at what the entered. Same problem with the date.

We have never encountered this before on a Nortel KSU. :bang:

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Well.....it is almost .....GROUNDHOG DAY!!
try a POPO?? (Pwr off pwr on) otherwise I would assume its on its way out. Is this a 6x16 by chance?
I agree with the "power off and power on" answer. I have run into this many times over the years and that has fixed the problem every time.
Posted By: JimmyT Re: Date and Time never changes on Nortel KSU - 01/24/08 11:08 AM
If the power on and off don't work then you can also check the Crystal (clock) on the board. I've had them go bad in the past without affecting anything else.
Are they properly completing the programming cycle? Not sure which KSU you have, but some features (e.g. set name change) do not "stick" unless you go beyond the entry with the "Next" key.
The KSU is 8/24 or MICS ...can't remember off hand. They are doing the programming properly. My issue with "POPO" is if the battery in the software cartridge is gone, they will lose programming. Not a fun result of phone support.

Possible have to go to site and perform a back-up then start playing with the system.
Before going to site, call them & warn them that they may lose programming, therefore have THEM take note of their personal speed dial buttons, etc.

I would also take a spare s/w card with me with a known good cap in it. If you'll have to reprogram from scratch, at least it'll only be once.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help