atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a MOH unit with a 1k ohm out put and 8ohm out put and when i put the audio on the 8ohm i can't hear it at all. When i put it in the 1k i hear it but its very faint sounding. I had another unit with a 600ohm output and tried it and it was just the same as the 8ohm, just silent. I even tried switching the MOH unit out to a new one and still didn't make a difference. does anyone have a suggestion on what it could be or what i may can do? i even tried as far as to re do the audio cable and the punch down for it as well. Still didn't work. desperately need help. From what i get from the customer, the MOH never played loud so i don't know what it could be. Is there a volume adjustment in the phone system for MOH and can i do it really easy?
The recommended CICS input level is 0.25V rms across an input impedance of 3300 Ohms.

The volume is from the MOH device, radio, etc. There is a minimal adjustment made from each phone if there is music, but it really is the source that determines the volume.

Your connection at the block should be solid wire, not stranded for a good connection.
Posted By: sph Re: Music On Hold Cics - desperately need help - 05/23/08 03:37 PM
Two more suggestions:

1. Is the distance between the CICS and the MOH within spec?
2. Are there any xconnects between the CICS wiring block and the MOH? I have seen situations where the volume drops/disappears if there is more than one punchdown or any other connection in the path.
What would happen if someone split a pair when terminating the cable from the CICS?I had thi happen once and used a tone generator and turned background F86 on a phone and found the split.
What pair are you connected to on the block?
I'm not sure what pair its on because the vendor must have installed it long ago but its a new location and we are just now hearing about the low volume issue. We are actually and on hold service provider. The MOh only has one connection and thats the block where the cable punches down onto from the phone system itself. But i think it might be the violet green or violet slate pair but can't remember which one. The distance between the MOH unit and the phone system is next to each other. As far as the volume on our unit, I tried 8ohm output and volume was gone, the 1k is the only one i can even remotely hear anything on.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help