atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Michaelq PCM2000 Paging Hum - 06/25/08 08:54 AM
I have a Bogen PCM2000 hooked up to a Option 11. I'm using a loop start trunk to access the PCM. After making a page and hanging up there is a loud hum that comes across the paging speakers as the line disconnects. I'm used to having a pop noise when the line disconnects. This noise is driving the customer crazy. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: Fire Eater Re: PCM2000 Paging Hum - 06/25/08 09:53 AM
have not used the 2000 but have had similar noise on other bogens
if the pcm 2000 has vox turn it down it is sensing the talk battery as voice if not the problem i have cleared the problem by using a anti feedback unit
hope this gives some idea for the fix
Posted By: Michaelq Re: PCM2000 Paging Hum - 06/25/08 04:45 PM
What brand of anti-feedback did you use?
Posted By: sentrex1 Re: PCM2000 Paging Hum - 06/25/08 06:00 PM
i have installed them are you using talkback features how many zones ect what are all the modules you have
Posted By: Michaelq Re: PCM2000 Paging Hum - 06/25/08 06:51 PM
I'm using a TIM, CPU and 3 ZPMs. Using 3 zones with a TPU100 amp for each zone. The problem is after hanging up after a page I get a 1-2 seconds of silence the a loud hum then disconnect. I tried a analog station, a ground start trunk and a loop start trunk. The analog atation worked but would't disconnect. The ground start trunk would ring busy when accessed. The loop start trunk worked but the loud hum on disconnect. Seems like I need a filter to absorb to hum during disconnect.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help