atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: PucPuc 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 07/23/08 12:39 PM
I have an application using BCM 400 with a PRI and they are porting in numbers one of which has 0 as its leading digit. I programmed the DNIS on a target line on our demo switch and it accepted it. I cannot test to ensure it will route the call. Does anyone have this setup in the field?
Posted By: rich30529 Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 07/23/08 02:37 PM
The way I have handled this in the past is to have the carrier do a digit manipulation. See if your carrier can substitute different digits to send on their end.
Posted By: vad60 Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 07/23/08 02:52 PM
There is no problem with 0 as a first digit. I have it on one of my client's account. Working fine.
Posted By: luv2ski Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 07/24/08 05:15 AM
Alway told never use 0 as leading recieved digit.Go to 3 digit recieved length or have provider insert different leading digit.
Posted By: SupportGuy Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 07/24/08 10:41 AM
Using 0 as the leading digit will work fine.
You just have to change your "direct dial" digit.
Also ... you can always option the switch to look for less digits than Telco is sending.
Just because Telco sends 4 doesn't mean you need to set the switch to 4, you can use 3 and eliminate the conflict with 0.
Posted By: PucPuc Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 08/11/08 06:28 AM
Thank you for the replies. It looks like modification of the direct dial digit is the answer I need for this application.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 08/12/08 07:40 AM
Originally posted by SupportGuy:
...............Just because Telco sends 4 doesn't mean you need to set the switch to 4, you can use 3 and eliminate the conflict with 0.
Say WHAT???

How does that work?
How do you program for that?
Posted By: Toner Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 08/12/08 08:30 AM
What SupportGuy means is that the number you set for received digits tells the KSU how many digits to recognize at the END of the string the telco sends. Therefore, even if the telco is sending you all 10 digits you can still track DID's by the last 3 or 4 digits.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 08/12/08 08:30 PM
I have had a system programmed for 4 digits.
Did not work. Only to find out that Telco was sending 7 digits. Even tho I had the right matching 4 digits, 4 does not match 7 and it did not work.
Once I changed to 7 digits (Matched Telco) it worked.

Yesterday, I installed a PRI on a MICS - they didn't know the # of digits. I set for 3 - didn't work til I went to 4.
Match the digits.
I have never seen one work that didn't match.
Posted By: telemarv Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 08/12/08 08:40 PM
It must match the length.
Posted By: Toner Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 08/13/08 09:58 AM
Hmm, that's interesting. As far as I know it works just fine around here...
Posted By: pts technician Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 08/14/08 09:16 AM
So who is correct, telemarv or supportguy? Don't mean to start something, but for my knowledge, I would like to know.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: 0 as a leading DNIS digit - 08/14/08 10:27 AM
Check out my post - about 4 up - and you can see that it has been tried and DOES NOT WORK unless the digits MATCH.

I am correct.
Marv is correct.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help