atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean 3x8 DR5 & CallPilot 100...friends? - 07/30/08 07:21 PM
I have a client who needs the utility of a CallPilot (trees, info mailboxes, off-site message forwarding, etc.), but doesn't really need a phone system. There's only two people and three lines. They would like their voicemail system to do most of the talking (hours, directions, pricing, etc.).

So...will the 3x8 DR5 work smoothly with the CallPilot or is a CICS necessary? :confused:
Posted By: rich30529 Re: 3x8 DR5 & CallPilot 100...friends? - 07/30/08 07:52 PM
According to this chart, the Call Pilot 100 should work with a 3x8 DR 5.1.

The downside to the 3x8 is, no hunt groups, 2 digit DN's, full capacity on the line(s) side, and no CID.

The upside is, it's cheaper laugh

If you can talk them into a CICS, they will thank you in the long run. :thumb:
Posted By: jwooten Re: 3x8 DR5 & CallPilot 100...friends? - 07/30/08 07:57 PM
A CICS with 4.1 minimum would be required for a CP.
Perhaps a "hosted voicemail" solution might be in order here!
Why not use a 3 X 8 or even a 6 X 16 with Startalk Flash? That's about as cheap as you can get. There isn't but about a million of these systems floating around on Ebay and various other places.
Posted By: BizTel Re: 3x8 DR5 & CallPilot 100...friends? - 07/31/08 07:56 PM
I agree with new, if you have a 308, use a flash
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: 3x8 DR5 & CallPilot 100...friends? - 08/01/08 09:10 AM
Originally posted by New River Communications:
Why not use a 3 X 8 or even a 6 X 16 with Startalk Flash? That's about as cheap as you can get. There isn't but about a million of these systems floating around on Ebay and various other places.
I want to give the client the ability to change messages at will (via the browser interface). This is an outdoor recreational facility, so their hours/prices change depending on weather & time of year.

Teaching a (technically illiterate) client to change messages on a Flash is like teaching my cat to walk on a leash.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help