atcomsystems.ca/forum
I've had an SMDR unit installed for over five years now at a clients location, running smoothly (I didn't install the call-accounting software...they had an outside vendor for that) Well, their IT guy upgraded the call-accounting software and now something is not working. Of course, in true "IT guy" fashion, he's blaming the SMDR. Feat 9*2 shows all is programmed correctly (SL1, right?). Now I have to prove the SMDR is still spitting out data.

So...question is: Is there a way to hook up my laptop to the SMDR unit and demonstrate the data stream (or the lack of)?

:confused:
Hyper terminal on a laptop should to the trick. Make sure that you set-up the baud rate, com port, etc. correctly. Then, make a call. You should see the SMDR on your laptop screen.
OK. I thought about hyper-terminal, but never had to use it (at least for SMDR's...usually for RADs). Every SMDR I've installed has never had a problem! Set it, forget it...

Thanks.
Oops...one more thing. The SMDR unit is a "5". I'm wondering if the software upgrade the IT guy did isn't compatible with a "5" box...? Maybe it's time for an SMDR6.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help