atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: brwyatt vm line - 10/29/08 03:12 PM
Here is what I want to do. We have 3 co lines and we are turning the 3rd line into a vm only line.
To where when you call in it rings 2 times and goes
to vm to bypass front office. I need it to do that and if the line is busy then it will roll back over to one of the other lines. Where would I start?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: vm line - 10/29/08 03:45 PM
Two different problems.

Set up your Flash or Call Pilot accordingly. If you don't know how, call in someone. We will not give detailed instructions for that.

For you "busy" problem, arrange that with your service provider for the Hunt group arrangement. Some can/will do it, some won't. If they do, there may be an installation charge as well as an increase in the monthly invoice.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: vm line - 10/29/08 10:03 PM
I haven't seen a carrier hunt a last line of hunt to a first line. Maybe in Canada but a circle hunt request here would get you a NO. Your local carrier's switch could probably do this but I don't think AT&T/Verizon would do it but you could always ask, most anything is possible.

If you know how to get to tables in vm programming it is easy to set the number of rings.

Yes BIX, I just moved a large MICS to a new site where the former tenant had a MICS and used BIX.

( Edited out as it was deemed as baiting )

Canada is a nice country to visit but I wouldn't want to punch down there.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: vm line - 10/30/08 10:18 AM
PM sent to OBHHB
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: vm line - 10/31/08 06:31 AM
To clarify my post:

Compared to 110 or 66, Bix is an insanity and the tools that are supposed to cut off the wire, made by Harris-a big name, work like crap and don't cut and you buy another one.

( Edited as it was deemed as baiting )

The skiing is great, the bix sucks.
Posted By: soyons-expositifs Re: vm line - 10/31/08 06:50 AM
if you have a genuine BIX tool by northern telecom or nordx you dont have that problem, ihave to agree i tried using a harris bix tool once or twice and it was an excercise in futility.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: vm line - 10/31/08 04:25 PM
As Jay stated, "The proper tool for the job" is always best.

Harris may be a "Big Name", but not as big as Nortel. That is not the point though. When manufacturers decide to "copy" anothers' item, they seldom copy it to the point of being as good. Let's face it, if they did, there be law suits all over the place.

Having said all that, of course you're going to find it hard to work with BIX or any other product until you get used to it. I would have a hard time dealing with 66 blocks as in Canada they've been obsolete for decades.

NOW, LET'S STAY ON TOPIC BOYS & GIRLS!

BRWYATT...I have no idea of the name for this service used by your partular provider, but it IS available here in Bell Canada territory. However, it may depend on what other options you want on the lines.

Call you provider for details, and sorry for the off-topic discussion.
Posted By: soyons-expositifs Re: vm line - 11/01/08 05:12 AM
just a quick note on bix dave, if you dont have your tool with you a credit card and scissors work great
Posted By: conxtel Re: vm line - 11/10/08 07:58 PM
Here in Western Canada, Telus too offers circular hunting.

And, oh yah, we too use Bix
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: vm line - 11/11/08 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie:
I haven't seen a carrier hunt a last line of hunt to a first line. Maybe in Canada but a circle hunt request here would get you a NO. ..............
Even if a carrier will not hunt the last number to the first, they will do it if you don't tell them. Example: you have 4 lines. You tell the carrier that line 4 is the first number in the hunt, then 1, 2 and ends with 3.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help