atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ckfender BCM 50 Questions - 11/01/08 03:48 PM
Hello All,

Got a couple of questions about a BCM 50. I had a customer call and ask if
We would install a 50 they had purchased on line. Now I got to be honest here.
This would be the first time I installed a BCM. However I have installed well
Over 250 MICS and CICS in my time and played around the BCM line a bit.
With the little experience I had with the BCM it seemed to program like the
ICS line and the phones aint ringing as much one may want lately so of course I do the install. With all things considered I think I did pretty well with the set up
Witch brigs me to my first question. When I dial F-983 the set asks to log
so I put in what you would put in if you were accessing an external call polite
or flash. But those passwords don’t work. It asks you log: but it won’t let me in.
so I called the folks the customer bought the system from and he told me you
can’t access the admin mail box thru the teleset. This I just can’t believe, can some one
tell me if may be this guy was the wrong guy to talk to. And maybe you could PM me the right procedure to access the admin mail box thru the teleset. (the system has 4 digit ext #s).

Second question. When calls are routed to an ext from the AA the system asks you to
state your name before it puts the call thru. How can I turn off this screening feature
so the call will just be sent to the ext?

And lastly: How do I make Dial by name directory branch?

Thanks in advance
The things we do when the economy goes into the toilet!!!

As far as BCMs, I've only subed one BCM50 on an emergency call and I hope to not see any more. I did get all the manuals for the 50 release two if you need them but I would think it would be good just to pay someone experienced a few bucks to walk you through it on site and have the customer pay for the support.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help