atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pfonman 2nd cap/klm on M7324 - 11/04/08 05:21 PM
Connecting a 2nd KLM on a 7324, & thought it was a snap, but ?? I can't find the hookups in the manual. I know I only need 1 pwr supply. Do I run the "tip & ring" in on the same line cord on 4-5, & pwr on 3-6? Help me out here please! & where can I find the instructions for the next time I run into this?
pfonman
Posted By: Yanick Re: 2nd cap/klm on M7324 - 11/04/08 05:56 PM
easy as one two three: 6 pins; pins 3-4 are ksu (white/blue) 2-5 first CAP (white/orange)and 1-6 second CAP (white/green).

BUT, if you are using an 8 pins RJ45 wall jack, pins 1-8 will look like these: wg, g, wo, bl, wbl,o, wbr, br for code 568 A.

And wo, o, wg, bl, wbl,g, wbr, br for 568 B.

So you need blue and orange pair, plus green and white brown in 568A data connector. Just reverse orange and green pair if 568B.

Hope I was about clear wink
Your data is coming in on the middle pair, -24 volts DC is coming in on the next outside pair for the second KLM and -24 volts DC on the next outside pair.

From the wall you use a three pair cord to KLM #2 and then you could run a two or three pair cord from KLM #2 to KLM #1 and then you could use a one, two or three pair cord from KLM #1 to the phone.

Because of the way you have to run the cords in their channels, I turn the phone and KLMs upside down, cut cords to the right length and put ends on them. If you are very close on the cord length, everything stays snug and the KLMs hug the phone.
Posted By: pfonman Re: 2nd cap/klm on M7324 - 11/05/08 05:20 AM
OK thanks for the replies, but do which jacks on the CAP do I use? One jack Says 24V, & other is phone?
pfonman
Posted By: vad60 Re: 2nd cap/klm on M7324 - 11/05/08 06:20 PM
Phone jack.
Three pair cord from wall to KLM #2 - this is a must. Cord from KLM #2 to KLM #1 can be a three pair or two pair cord. Cord from KIM #1 to the 7324 phone can be three pair, two pair or one pair.

Look at the end of the three pair cord coming from the wall. The center two gold contacts carry data for the phone and the KLMs. The pins on the outside of the center pair carry -24 VDC. The outermost pins on each side also carry -24 VDC.

As you punch it down, the white/blue pair is your station port, the white/orange and white/green pair are -24 VDC.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help