atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lady Tech BCM50/IP2002 phones - 11/04/08 06:10 PM
Hello to all. It has been a while since I was here but it has been crazy busy! And I am very proud to announce that I am now a Grandmother of a healthy baby girl!!
:banana: :banana:
Back on topic ....
I have just installed a BCM50 3.0 software, having a couple of issues.
1. I have downloaded the patches and have unzipped them but when I go into the BCM and try to get them the BCM does not see the files.I know I am missing a step some where or it could be my computer. Any thoughts?
2. I can not launch the call pilot from within the BCM. I can however program the voicemail through the phone, I try and stay away from programming the BCM through the phone because of issues down the road. I am wondering if this might be a problem the patches would fix?
3. I still need to install and program 3 - IP2002 phones (first time ip install) for remote locations. Their IT guy will be programming up the vpn Routers(SonicWALL TZ 150 for the phones and SonicWall TZ 190 at the main site) and hopefully he will be able to guide me somewhat with the phones. I have ordered static IP addresses for the phones.And with that said, I have no idea where to start from here, I'm afraid!
I wanted to wait until I had the system up and going and everything was good before attempting the ip phones. The client also has a PRI.
Thanks guys in advance!!!
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: BCM50/IP2002 phones - 11/04/08 06:25 PM
Where did you get the Element Manager(EM) that you are using?
Try doing uninstall on your EM and then download the one off the BCM you are trying to access.
If that doesn't work, try a different (even older) java.
Posted By: Lady Tech Re: BCM50/IP2002 phones - 11/04/08 07:42 PM
It was from a previous install BCM 1.0
I have an old version of Java
Posted By: telemarv Re: BCM50/IP2002 phones - 11/05/08 04:41 AM
There's your problem. Old Element manager will not work on newer BCM. Download the EM from this machine.

And Congrats on being a Grandmother.
Posted By: Lady Tech Re: BCM50/IP2002 phones - 11/05/08 05:08 PM
Thanks guys I was afraid that might be the issue I will give it a try. I was told my existing element manger would be good to go but it looks like they were wrong.

Does anyone have a procedure for programming up the IP phones on the BCM50?
Posted By: vad60 Re: BCM50/IP2002 phones - 11/05/08 06:51 PM
New one comes with Instruction but open up CD and go to IP telephony Feature description and you will find step by step set up.
Congrats on becoming a Grandma.
Posted By: Michaelq Re: BCM50/IP2002 phones - 11/06/08 02:04 PM
For th ip phones, when you set up the phones you can set it for dhcp & manual cnfg- partial. set S1 to the BCM's ip address. Also make sure you have ip phone registration on in the BCM and set set the reg password. When the phone connects it will ask for the password. You won't neeed public staic ip addresses for the phones.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help