atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Danny_Ocean New feature in MICS 7.1? - 11/05/08 02:28 PM
I was perusing the MICS 7.1 programming manual today and noticed, under "Capabilities" a heading titled "Intrusion". Is this new? It doesn't appear on my system, though (which may have something to do with it being set-up for PRI). However, if this is a barge-in feature that will work with analog lines, that would be nice.

Anyone able to use this yet?
Posted By: vad60 Re: New feature in MICS 7.1? - 11/05/08 06:54 PM
Have you read about it?
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: New feature in MICS 7.1? - 11/05/08 07:00 PM
Read about it where? I don't have a 7.1 disk with me...travelling now. I carry the 7.1 programming manual for remote assistance and that's where I saw the entry for the first time today.
Intrusion tone : Warns users that an internal call is about to interrupt an existing one.

From google search: https://web.textfiles.com/phreak/mnorsys.txt
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: New feature in MICS 7.1? - 11/05/08 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie:
Intrusion tone : Warns users that an internal call is about to interrupt an existing one.

From google search: https://web.textfiles.com/phreak/mnorsys.txt
Thanks, but as far as I know, there is no "intrusion" or barge-in feature on a Nortel system. Or is there one now? Here is the description of the feature from the back of the programming manual:

Determine what priority an attendant telephone will have to allow a break-in by an M1 attendant telephone. To stop break-in, this setting must be higher than the attendant level. The sub-heading is "Protection Level" (None, Low, Med, High)
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: New feature in MICS 7.1? - 11/06/08 05:56 AM
Only a "QUICK" read - it sounds like this is ONLY for an intrusion from another phone system like the Option-xx and when using MCDN.

It says: Meridian 1 MCDN Break-in feature.

I doubt you are using that.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: New feature in MICS 7.1? - 11/06/08 08:41 AM
Why would they put this in the MICS programming record?

Why is my avatar so huge?
Are you finding [Intrusion] as a programmable feature in 7.1 or are you just reading it somewhere?

If you see it as an option while programming, play with it and let us know.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: New feature in MICS 7.1? - 11/07/08 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie:
Are you finding [Intrusion] as a programmable feature in 7.1 or are you just reading it somewhere?
Please re-read my original post.
So sorry I was so obtuse. I was asking if it was a listed option but when you clicked on it nothing happened. I was asking if you could see "Intrusion" in programming whether or not you could click on it and do something.

Obviously it was a typo in printing the manual and you can get credit for alerting Norstar they goofed.
Posted By: Danny_Ocean Re: New feature in MICS 7.1? - 11/08/08 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Danny_Ocean:
I was perusing the MICS 7.1 programming manual today and noticed, under "Capabilities" a heading titled "Intrusion". Is this new? It doesn't appear on my system, though (which may have something to do with it being set-up for PRI). However, if this is a barge-in feature that will work with analog lines, that would be nice.

Anyone able to use this yet?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help