atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NTlayoff CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/13/08 08:30 PM
Just installed a CICS. Tried to put an analog conf phone on the I-ATA. All checks out ok. Final test - call the phone. Phone doesn't ring, but if I pick the phone up I can answer the call.
Check it out and it all works ok except it will not ring the phone.
Call my distributor and he sends me another CICS.
Test it on my bench - No ring.
I have an used CICS around. Put it next to the new one and just move the amphenol cables over.
Works just fine.
That is two new CICS that won't ring the analog phone.

Just giving you a heads up to check out the I-ATA when you install one. Either bad luck with two units, or maybe Nortel has a bad batch of CICS's.(??) Find out now when you install it and its under warranty, then to find out later when the customer wants a Conf phone after the warranty is up.
Anyone else see this problem?? Maybe I just have the bad luck......twice.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/14/08 04:13 AM
Yeah, Jim. The user in Vt that I helped over the phone had the same issue with IATA.
Posted By: telemarv Re: CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/14/08 07:06 AM
THanks for the heads up, Jim. I don't usually test them unless I use it.
Posted By: jsaad Re: CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/14/08 08:04 AM
usually I don't have a problem with the IATA, but I just hooked one up to a fax for outbound only and for a postage machine and customer complains that the postage transaction never works and the fax generates a lot of transmission errors (that it didn't use to).

Has anyone else experienced fax/postage machine issues on the IATA?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/14/08 03:21 PM
The guy in Vermont was trying to use it for fax. After all tests were completed, his supplier offered an external ATA for free as it would save re-programming the whole thing.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/15/08 12:53 PM
Dave - Great idea to save re-programming.
Unfortunately, my customer is maxed. Only port left was the I-ATA.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/15/08 12:59 PM
Maxed out with a new system? somebody didn't plan well :scratch:
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/15/08 01:07 PM
It is called penny-wise and dollar foolish.

I sold him the CICS.
He wanted 30 phones. I told him that a CICS would only do 22 phones with Voice Mail.
He needs to go with a MICS.
He said go with the CICS because of money and we will do with 22 phones. We won't be adding any more. This is a new building they opened.
I installed the CICS fully maxed on 9-13.
On 9-24 he asked for a proposal for an upgrade because they closed the one they were in and moved to the new building.
Customer is always right.
Posted By: Mickamg Re: CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/15/08 02:16 PM
I have a customer who is moving from a CICS to an MICS due to adding telephones and lines. Can I use NRU 10.0 to do some kind of backup on the CICS, then restore to the MICS, to avoid re-programming the bulk of it?
Posted By: telemarv Re: CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/15/08 02:18 PM
The only draw back with your plan Dave is it occupies a digital port.

If the switch is new or are con send it back as a warranty claim. Customer is always right.
Yep till they blame you for not insisting.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: CICS - IATA Have you checked it lately? - 11/15/08 04:00 PM
In the case of the guy in Vt, he had all kinds of room, so it wasn't a problem. His decision...not mine.

I'd already spent enough time on the phone with him anyway...
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help