atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a remote office that is closing and I would like to forward ALL calls that the office receives automatically to my home office. Is there a way to do this with my switch without having to get call forwarding on each of the incoming lines. I did not see a way to forward through the AutoAttendant.
You can do it, but you must leave the telephone system in place. If you close the office, I assume you'll be removing the phone system, no?

You can also call the carrier and ask them to do it at their end. Some carriers allow you to do this through a website. You will be charged for full service, however. Best way is to have the carrier "port" the numbers to your new location and eventually wean customers off the old #'s.

You really only need to forward the main # and possibly the fax #. The rollover #'s don't need to be forwarded.
Danny's right like usual.

Fax/Mail/Call all the usual clients about the number changes.

Until they get used to it, you can have the local Telco install "Closet jacks" at the old location (if they won't do it at the CO) for the main line and fax line with Call Forwarding on them engaged. Have these lines active for as long as your wallet stands it.

Ideally, you'll want to do this only short term, while clients get used to the new number.

Note: You don't need to leave your system on site at all...
Is there a way to forward just the main line in the switch. The site will be open and closing alot before the actual shutdown. The switch will be left in-place until the last day. I have remote access to the BCM and would love to just make a change whenever I know there will be no one in the remote office.
Is there a way to do it from the switch? Have a line pool forward or autoattendant forward?
CCR will forward. Set up a home transfer node.
Transfer the main line to a VOIP line on the last day there. You will have it for as long as you like.
Originally posted by MooreTel:
Until they get used to it, you can have the local Telco install "Closet jacks" at the old location (if they won't do it at the CO) for the main line and fax line with Call Forwarding on them engaged. Have these lines active for as long as your wallet stands it.
Note: You don't need to leave your system on site at all...
Paul5555 wrote: "Is there a way to do this with my switch without having to get call forwarding on each of the incoming lines?"

If you wish to call-forward calls from your system, without paying for call forwarding, you will have to leave your system on-site.
Originally posted by Danny_Ocean:
If you wish to call-forward calls from your system, without paying for call forwarding, you will have to leave your system on-site.
This will not however transfer your fax line unless that as well goes through the system. If it does, you'll have to include that in the CCR setup that Marv was talking about.

Keep in mind, I believe if you use the CCR route, then you'll have to disable that option is you want those lines to still ring at the office, otherwise you won't receive any calls while on site.

I still say the best, or at least easiest option is to CF the main line and fax line, then cancel it out when on site, reengage when you leave.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help