atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: boots921 SF Trunk Interface - 11/25/08 10:36 PM
Does the Meridian 1 offer a 4 wire SF Trunk interface that could be used as a PBX Tie-Line? (Like the E&M Tie-Line). I have to install 30 tie-lines from my PBX to a Meridian 1 81C. I can only use one of four signaling methods (E&M Type 1, E&M Type 2, DX, or SF) All except SF would require down time for me to install in my switch. My customers don't tolerate down time so I gotta find a way to make this work.
I don't know any Meridian programming and from the lack of posts I don't think there are many if any people on the board that do Meridian Options.

Don't feel ignored, most people here are MICS/CICS people not Option people and just can't help.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SF Trunk Interface - 11/26/08 03:40 PM
I've done Nortel SL1s and Meridians since 1979 and have never seen nor heard of an SF Tie trunk signalling method. Always used EM4 in both analog and digital delivery.
Posted By: boots921 Re: SF Trunk Interface - 11/26/08 04:18 PM
Perhaps this is the wrong forum; but are you aware of any 4wire SF to E&M converters? Tellabs used to make the 6048A and 6131D these but not any more.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: SF Trunk Interface - 11/26/08 04:56 PM
Tellabs would have been my suggestion but if it has been discontinued it wouldn't surprise me. They had a robust offering many years ago. Can't think of anyone else who may have that. You may have to look for NOS equipment.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help