atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TerryM Nortel MIC Line problem - 12/03/08 07:08 PM
Wondering if anyone has had this problem. Customer has a Nortel MIC's phone system with 6 lines and trunk and station expansion modules. When a call would come in on Line 1 it would ring twice and disconnect. When I would call in I would hear two rings, the disconnect and then you would hear a dial tone. I disconnected the line from the system and would ring the line at the Demarc only. No problems. I reconnected the line and the problem was there immediately. Next I swapped cards. No change. I moved the line to line 27 on the second card. Worked fine. Two weeks later line 3 did the same thing. Did all the tests and ended up moving to line 28. Worked fine. Eventually I replaced the line card. Moved lines back to Line 1 .3 on the new card. Worked fine for two weeks and then line 1 started doing it again. Had customer cal Telco and have them test the lines. They said all was OK. To make a long story short, I replaced the phone system, cards again, software, amp cables, 66 blocks, pairs to phone system from Telco. The last thing I did was measure the line voltage. All 6 lines are around 52.7 volts and 59 volts when ringing. What is the voltage range??? My guess is it is a Telco issue. Any HELPPP with this would be appreciated
I could be wrong here, but I thought ringing had to be in the 80 volt and higher range.

What is the miliamp reading on each line?
Posted By: TerryM Re: Nortel MIC Line problem - 12/04/08 05:43 AM
Haven't done a miliamp reading. Will let you know
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Nortel MIC Line problem - 12/04/08 07:47 AM
...The last thing I did was measure the line voltage. All 6 lines are around 52.7 volts and 59 volts when ringing....
Try testing ring voltage using the "AC" setting on your Volt-Ohm meter....
Posted By: TerryM Re: Nortel MIC Line problem - 12/04/08 06:25 PM
What are the voltage requirements on the system. High and low. Obviously, I am not an electrician
Posted By: vad60 Re: Nortel MIC Line problem - 12/04/08 07:44 PM
Must be between 90-120 AC. If line measures 59V DC then you OK. I am wondering where are you getting a dial tone from when you are calling in? It is look like DISA set up.
Posted By: TerryM Re: Nortel MIC Line problem - 12/05/08 06:37 AM
phone company couldn't get enough pairs to this bldg so they brought a fiber in next door and from there they ran copper about 100 feet to my customers bldg. I am thinking that the dial tone I am getting is from them
Posted By: vad60 Re: Nortel MIC Line problem - 12/05/08 04:13 PM
That is where you have your disconnects from! They are coming from T1 and MUX or Channel Banks.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help