atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nicknails Installing ATA2 on M8x24-DS - 12/08/08 12:27 PM
I am looking for some help installing an analog phone on our M8x24-DS. I believe the software is 5.1. I have successfully set up 4 regular extensions, which is all we need. My manager would like a portable phone, so I figure the easiest solution would be an ATA2, which I have. However, I haven't the slightest idea on how to install it. Does it work like a regular extension? Can the phone still access any features of the system?
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Installing ATA2 on M8x24-DS - 12/08/08 01:31 PM
This is installer information that you request and is beyond the scope of this forum. I suggest you call in one.
PM sent, Oy Vey!
Posted By: nicknails Re: Installing ATA2 on M8x24-DS - 12/09/08 09:29 AM
I actually found the user manual and the installation manual! Thank you anyways though.
Posted By: nicknails Re: Installing ATA2 on M8x24-DS - 12/10/08 07:28 PM
Ok, so now that I have the ATA installed, I have another question. When either line 1 or 2 rings, the analog phone rings, which is great. When I want to make a call, I pick up and press 9, it picks up line 1 and let's me dial. However, I can't get it to pick up line 2 at all. The analog phone does not have a Link button, and since it's a portable, there really is no hook switch either. I would like to be able to select line 1 or 2, since only line 2 allows long distance calling.
Posted By: Yanick Re: Installing ATA2 on M8x24-DS - 12/10/08 08:02 PM
If you get line one directly from dialing 9, it's a programming inside the 8x24; contact installer.

As for link button, every cordless either has a flash or talk/flash button; so press flash + "*" to reproduce the feature button. If you have two intercom on the ATA, press flash 2 to toggle between the two keys as it put the original call on hold and can be picked up from other set.

You won't ever be able to "select" a line from ATA, only access line pool.

With what I've posted, you can figure out a way to set it up; just don't ask how!!
Posted By: Yoda Re: Installing ATA2 on M8x24-DS - 12/11/08 06:26 AM
Put line 1 into Line Pool A with access code 9. Put line 2 into Line Pool B with access code 8.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help