atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TXWNorteluser Call Logging MICS - 01/09/09 02:32 PM
Hello, when I do a F812 on a set I want to add to call logging, I receive a message which read no log assigned. How is a set assigned to a call log? I have the call logging set to "set" and when I go into the system programming, feature setting and when I show call log space it asks if I want to reset all logs, then Space/Log. In this I enter 004 and then the screen says 150 Sets: 4 each, yes or no and I have choosen yes and after that the session ends itself. So far, I have some who have the call logging working and some who do not. The ones who work have an entry in the Log Space under Teleco Features for their set which reads Log:4 Pool:0, those which do not work show Log:0 Pool 0 I have set the logging to autobump. Thanks
Posted By: Bob3470 Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/09/09 05:31 PM
It looks like on your system you have 600 spaces that you can log a number into. You have divided this onto 4 sets 150 each which totals 600. You should divide this up more evenly onto more sets instead of just 4. Maybe make space 40 or so but not 150. As you can see you used them all up with 4 sets.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/10/09 06:48 AM
Bob3470, you have it reversed. The way he has it set up is that 150 sets can have 4 log entries.

In the programming for the sets, it has to be flagged as a "Logging Set" or not. Try that.
Posted By: TXWNorteluser Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/12/09 03:29 PM
Hello, It sounds like I have devided the log correctly to allow 4 spaces to 150 people is what I did by going into system programming/feature settings/ Call Log: Set and Call Log Space (reset Yes) then Space/log:004, the next display shows the info above 150 set: 4 each Yes or No, and I pick Yes which ends the session. THere must be something more, because I have the extension logging all calls, but it still does not apportion the size to the phones. The non working ones say Log: 0 Space 0
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/12/09 03:40 PM
:read: my previous post. If you don't understand it, call in someone.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/12/09 04:47 PM
You also have to program the # of entries under the call log heading for each set under Telco features.
Posted By: TXWNorteluser Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/13/09 05:39 AM
Hi My problem is just that. When I go into the set and telco features and finally get to log space, it shows log: 0 Pool 0 and the only button available is cancel. I want to insert the set into a log, but it seems another setting change is necessary, but I don't know what it is or where to find it. I already changed the phone to log all calls. Does someone know the steps required for this process, perhaps I need to review the entire thing. I even tried to copy the teleco feature from a set that works, but it did not make a differnce on the set. I was just trying to add two sets to the log system, but have since discovered that some who had logging previously are not working. I am expected to get this feature working, I cannot call anyone to come in and do it for me. Appreciate your input. Thanks.
Posted By: rich30529 Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/13/09 06:04 AM
What software version is the system?
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/13/09 06:14 AM
Log space is allocated two ways. System allocated and manual allocation.

You are using the system allocation method where let the system assign the space. The system starts at port 1 and allocates in sequence until it runs out of space.
Example 100 spaces to 6 phones give 100 log slots to ports 101 to 110. Everyone else has no logging.

Manual allocation lets you define how the logs are distributed. You can only assign unallocated log space to individual phones.

In your case when you look at the log space in telco features this set has been assigned no space by the system and there is no unallocated space available "pool= 0".

I suggest you reset all log space and assign it on an as needed basis.
Posted By: TXWNorteluser Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/13/09 07:15 AM
Hello again, Thanks for your Input. My system version is 30DDC04 NAT. I did reset all of the logs and allocated the space to 4 with 150 spaces, but it seems the space fails to be allocated to a number of the sets. When I press the button to allocate the space, it immediately ends the session and when I go back into the settings, it has not changed for the people who now do not have call logging. Must everyone be pulled off or out of the log before this allocation will take place? Is it possible to set the logging to Log 0 Pool 0 first and then allocate it properly after this? I understand this might impact on the users who have logging now, but in the end if it works, that would be great. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Posted By: telemarv Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/13/09 08:07 AM
Your question has been answered. If you do not understand the manual and its terminology, may I suggest you make arrangements to take some courses or have a Nortel trained technician set this up for you.
Posted By: New River Communications Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/13/09 02:01 PM
I don't see a 30DDC04 NAT on my list.
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/13/09 04:23 PM
MICS 7.0 I believe...
Posted By: Curlycord Re: Call Logging MICS - 01/13/09 05:18 PM
Yep

30DDC04 = 7.0 XC USA version

30DdC04 = BCM 1000 v.3.6 2.2c

Both share the same SP code except lowercase "d" for BCM.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help